What does homeowners insurance cover in Oregon?
Every policy is different, but home insurance policies in Oregon typically come with several standard coverages.
- Dwelling (Coverage A). This coverage helps you pay for damage to your home from a covered event, such as a fire, windstorm, lightning or hail.
- Other structures (Coverage B). This coverage is intended to cover structures that aren’t connected to your home, like a fence or shed.
- Personal property (Coverage C). This coverage helps you repair or replace your personal belongings if they are stolen or damaged.
- Loss of use, or additional living expense coverage (Coverage D). This coverage can help you pay to stay somewhere else if your home is uninhabitable due to covered damage.
- Personal liability (Coverage E). This coverage helps pay for accidental property damage or injuries you cause through negligence.
Typical home insurance policies in Oregon cover damage caused by:
- Vandalism and theft
- Lightning strikes
- Falling objects
- The weight of snow or ice
Flooding, a common risk in parts of Oregon, is not covered. However, special flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) may be available.
How much does homeowners insurance generally cost in Oregon?
The average premium for home insurance coverage in Oregon is $735 per year1, according to a 2020 report (the most recent data available) by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). That’s less than the national average of $1,272 a year, according to same report. However, insurance costs in most states have changed since then. Also, the amount you pay may be different, depending on things like your property’s value and the age of your home, how much personal property you want to cover, what deductible you choose and risks specific to your area.
Farmers Flex Personal Home coverage in Oregon
Beyond the basic coverages, Farmers Flex Personal Home offers a wide range of options that let you customize your policy, such as:
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost
- Water Backup and Sump Overflow
- Emergency Mortgage Assistance
- Declining Deductibles®
- Claim Forgiveness
Oregon home insurance discounts
Farmers® offers a variety of savings opportunities for eligible home insurance customers in Oregon, including:
- Welcome Discount
- Home Buyer Discount
- Multi-Policy Discount
- Loyalty Discount
- Claim Free Discount
See more information and additional discounts that may be available in Oregon.
In 1927, Oregon’s schoolchildren voted overwhelmingly for the western meadowlark as the official state bird, making it the only state symbol not chosen by the Oregon state legislature. — Oregon Encyclopedia
More coverage options in Oregon
Learn From Experience
Read real-life stories about insurance, renovations, home safety and more from pros and homeowners like you.
1 Based on average premium for HO-3 type open perils homeowners policies.