Connect with an agent
For Every Smart Thing You Do, Farmers Has a Discount to Help You Save
Auto Insurance Discounts
Whether you’re keeping Portland weird or taking the scenic route through Cascade Mountains, Farmers has Oregon drivers covered with smart Auto discounts. Learn about the different ways Farmers helps you save on great Auto insurance in Oregon.
Discounts for the Family
- Bundle Discounts - You may save money when you protect all of your important investments and bundle a Farmers Auto policy with any of the following Farmers products:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Business and Professional Group - If you’re currently employed with or retired from an approved occupational group, you may be eligible for an additional discount. Contact Us to see if you qualify.
- Distant Student - Drivers 23 and under get a discount on their coverage if they attend school at least 100 miles away from home and don’t have regular access to the covered car.
- Multi-Car -Cover more than one car under the same Farmers Auto policy and earn this discount.
- Teen Driver - Your teen drivers (19 or younger) save on their auto insurance rates when you add them to your policy after 2 years in effect.
- Youthful Driver - Drivers who’ve had a valid Farmers Auto policy in force for at least 1 year can add a child or grandchild (25 or younger) to their policy and save with this added discount.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Alternative Fuel - Earn a discount (and save at the pump) if you drive a hybrid, electric, or other alternative fuel car.
- Early Shopping - Get a quote at least 7 days before your new Farmers Auto policy goes into effect to qualify for this additional rate discount.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Pay your premium with an automatic EFT, and Farmers will lower your rates.
- Homeowner - If you own your home, you may be eligible for this additional rate discount.
- Pay In Full - Pay your full-term premium with one lump sum to earn this additional rate discount.
- Good Student - Students under 25 save on their auto insurance rates when they do well in school. Discount applies to any of the following:
- High school student with at least a "B" average
- College student with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll student
- Student ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
- Mature Driver - Senior Oregonians, 55 and older, who’ve completed a state-approved Safe Driver Program in the past 3 years, are eligible for this discount.
Homeowner Insurance Discounts
At Farmers, we believe that everyone can be a safe, smart homeowner. That’s why we offer a variety of discounts that reward great habits, and help our customers in Oregon put more back in their pockets.
Discounts for the Household
- Affinity - Farmers is always supporting new groups and professions in neighborhoods across America. To find out if you’re eligible, just contact a local Farmers agent.
- Bundle Discounts - Bundle multiple Farmers insurance products, like Farmers Home, Auto and Life policies, and you may get a discount on your premium!
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - Did you recently renovate your heating and electrical, or plumbing systems? Because we’ve got discounts for you if you have.
- New Home - Was your home built new, within the past few years? If so, you could save on your Homeowners insurance.
- New Roof - If your roof was built new, or rebuilt, you could be saving with this discount for up to 6 years.
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - Earn more savings for weather-defying asphalt or fiberglass shingles approved by Underwriters Laboratories. This smart investment will also keep roof maintenance fees out of your hair and checkbook.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - Some would say that managing risk has its own rewards. But adding one more Farmers discount never hurt anyone. Here are some qualifying features: reinforced windows and walls, water leak or gas valve shut offs, or ENERGY STAR, EPA, or LEED certification.
- Protective Devices - Being smart about protecting what you love doesn’t get more basic than a fire alarm, security system, and/or internal sprinkler system. So we reward your smart choices with another smart discount.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.