Call for a quote 1-888-938-2121

Vacation or Second Home Insurance

Maybe you have a cabin in the mountains, a lake house or a beach cottage. Whether your vacation home is used as a weekend getaway or a seasonal retreat, it’s a special place you want to protect. And a Farmers® agent can talk to you about a variety of coverage options.

Customize Your Seasonal Home Insurance Coverage

You can choose customizable coverage for your seasonal or vacation home even if you don’t insure your primary residence with Farmers. These are some of the risks you can help manage:

Ice damages your porch


Freezing rain hits your mountain cabin during a January storm. When the ice builds up, your porch’s awning collapses.


Comprehensive property insurance coverage can help with damage caused by the weight of ice and snow.

Your guest is injured


Your fishing buddy slips and falls on the steps to your front porch. The doctor says nothing is broken—but he’ll need to stay off his ankle for a few days.


Liability coverage for your vacation home can help with medical bills and time off work if you’re legally responsible for an injury.

Lightning destroys your media center

Risk :

Lightning strikes close to your second home at the lake — destroying a television and audio system.


Replacement cost on personal property can help by replacing your damaged entertainment equipment with brand new components.

Maximize value with multiline discounts

You can get the most value from Farmers coverage with discounts when you buy multiple policies — be sure your specialty homeowners insurance quote includes quotes for auto coverage.

Farmers works to build strong customer relationships

Farmers has spent 90 years putting customers first. Are you shopping for vacation rental insurance or second home insurance coverage, or do you have a question about your policy? Maybe you’re ready for a specialty home insurance quote. Whatever insurance you want, Farmers agents are ready to deliver personalized service and support.

You’ll experience a similar level of care from our knowledgeable claims representatives, who will provide assistance as quickly as possible.

To learn more about what Farmers can do for you, call an agent today.

Francis Barra lived in Far Rockaway, New York, when Hurricane Sandy struck.

"We had all the stuff you can't replace in the basement: photos, books, marathon medals," he says. "In 15 minutes, water filled the basement to the ceiling." 

Read the story: Genius Ideas for Disaster-Proofing Heirloom and Mementos in Your Home

Specialty Home insurance issued by an insurer in the Foremost Insurance Group, 5600 Beech Tree Lane, Caledonia, MI 49316. Contact a Farmers agent for more information.

This brief summary is not a policy document. Please read the actual policy documents for your state for important details on coverages, exclusions, limits, conditions and terms. If there is any conflict between this summary and the policy documents, the policy documents will control. Not all products and discounts are available in every state.