needs and features that make them ideal places to
vacation, but don’t always make them ideal candidates
for standard Home insurance. We don’t think that’s
any reason to offer them anything less than the best
possible protection – in fact, that’s our specialty.
Seasonal and Vacation Home Insurance Coverage
From small lakefront cabins to expansive homes in out-of-the-way locales, we specialize in safeguarding your cherished vacation homes and seasonal properties.
No matter their age, value, or condition, vacation homes and properties often have more intangible value to their owners than their actual dollar value, which is why we find the best way to protect them.
What is Seasonal and Vacation Home Insurance?
Vacation Home insurance from Farmers protects your seasonal or vacation home from accidental damage, liability, and loss.
Designed to be customizable, our policies include optional coverage to help you get the most value from your policy, while meeting the unique needs of your vacation home.
Standard Vacation Home Insurance Includes:
- Comprehensive Property Coverage: protects against most direct, sudden, and accidental physical losses that aren’t excluded in your policy.
- Named Peril Coverage: protects you from all perils – fires, explosions, lightning, wind, hail – specifically listed in your policy.
- Liability: provides coverage if you’re found legally responsible for accidental injury to someone staying in your vacation home, and protects you if that individual causes damage to your neighbor’s property.
- Actual Cash Value: covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property. This amount is deducted for depreciation and is based on the current age and condition of your vacation home.
- Agreed Loss Settlement: covers the insured value of your seasonal home, minus any applicable deductible.
Optional Coverage for Your Vacation Home
Based on the nature of your vacation home, and how you use it, you may want to consider purchasing optional coverage along with your policy to include:
- Replacement Cost coverage on personal property.
- Extended Replacement Cost coverage, which includes up to 25% of the insured amount to replace your home (where available).
- Additional coverage for high-value items like jewelry, watches, furs, etc.
- Business property and liability.
- Higher liability limits.
Your Farmers agent can help you determine if adding on to your policy makes sense.
Does My Home or Property Qualify?
In certain states, you can insure your vacation home with us even if your primary residence is insured with another provider.
What Can I Expect to Pay for Vacation Home Insurance?
The best way to determine how much it would cost to insure your vacation home is to contact your Farmers agent. However, there are lots of ways to save money when you insure your seasonal home with us:
- Multi-Policy Discount – Purchase more than one Farmers policy
- 50+ – Individuals 50 years of age may receive a discount in select states
- Ask your Farmers agent about other ways you can save!
This brief summary is not a policy document. Please read the actual policy documents for your state for important details on coverages, exclusions, limits, conditions and terms. If there is any conflict between this summary and the policy documents, the policy documents will control. Not all products and discounts are available in every state.