Report or Check Status of a Claim
Your Claim With Farmers, From Start To Finish
Handling Your Claim
Whether you’re reporting a simple fender bender or a catastrophic house fire, a dog bite or on-the-job injury, Farmers follows the same basic five-step process to see every claim through from start to finish.
Here's what we do:
When we receive your claim, it will be assigned to a claims professional. Depending on the complexity of your claim, you may work with a team of claims representatives, each of whom has experience handling a particular aspect of your claim.
A claims professional will contact you to:
- Gather facts surrounding your loss
- Review your coverage
- Explain how your claim will be handled
- Schedule an in-person appointment if one is needed
- Identify ways to protect your property from further damage
Estimate and Evaluation
Your claims professional will then:
- Determine whether the loss is covered
- Inspect and document damage
- Interview witnesses or other involved individuals
- Take photos and samples (if needed)
- Evaluate your claim
We’ll work with you to resolve your claim fairly either by:
- Paying what you’re owed
- Or explaining why there would be no payment on your claim
Close the Claim
Once we’ve resolved your claim under the terms of your policy, we close the claim. If you discover additional expenses, we will re-open your claim to investigate.