Steps to filing a homeowner claim
File your claim online or call a claims representative
Have your claim filed in under 5 minutes by answering a few simple questions.
Take steps to prevent further damage if needed and keep a record of any associated expenses.
Your claim is reviewed by a claims representative
We will reach out to talk through the events in more detail. We will also explain your claim coverages and the next steps.
Choose how you'll have your damage repaired
You have a variety of choices when it comes to repairing your home or replacing your belongings.
- Collect photos of your home/belongings to assess the damage and create an estimate. We have a variety of ways to do this, depending on your specific situation.
- Get in contact with emergency services available 24/7/365.
- We can refer you to a contractor. Search for our service providers in your area.
Track and manage your claim online
You can check the status of your claim and manage your claim details by using our online claim management portal.
- Upload receipts or documents
- View payments
- View claim letters
- Track claim status
- View selected repair contractor information
We pay for the repairs
You have options for payments:
- Farmers pays the contractor directly
- You are reimbursed by direct deposit to your bank account or debit card
- We can send you a check
We close your claim
Once payments have been made, we will close your claim.
Get quick answers to our customers’ most common questions