Vacant Home Insurance

Please enter a 5 digit zip code.

Whether you’re waiting for a home to sell, looking for the right tenant or doing renovations, owning a vacant property comes with special risks. In fact, some insurers won’t cover them at all. But Farmers® offers insurance options and features that can provide coverage for vacant property:

  • If you choose vandalism and malicious mischief coverage, it can help if someone intentionally damages your vacant home.
  • A 12-month policy can provide a full year of coverage with flexible payments options and prorated cancellation, subject to a minimum amount earned, if your home is occupied before the year is up.
  • Landlord flexibility means there’s no need to cancel a policy and get a new one when a tenant moves in. In most states, Farmers can easily change a vacant home insurance policy to a landlord policy — or an owner-occupied policy if you decide to move in.

Call 1-888-938-2121 for a quote today.

Farmers works to build strong customer relationships

Farmers has spent 90 years putting customers first. Are you shopping for coverage, or do you have a question about your policy? Maybe you’re ready for a vacant home insurance quote. Whatever your insurance needs, Farmers agents are ready to deliver personalized service and support.

If you need to file a claim, you’ll experience a similar level of care from our knowledgeable claims representatives, who will provide assistance as quickly as possible.

To learn more about what Farmers can do for you, call 1-888-938-2121 for a quote today.

Moving? These Tips from Serial Movers Can Help Make Packing Easier

Doug Levy, an emergency communications consultant in Corte Madera, California, has moved 17 times in 18 years. He and other frequent movers break down month-to-month steps they recommend for planning a big move. Read the story