What’s your favorite destination when you hitch a travel trailer to your SUV? You may enjoy camping in the mountains or relaxing by the ocean. Maybe you stop anywhere that catches your interest. You might even use your travel trailer as a seasonal or permanent home.
Call 1-888-938-2121 for a quote today.
Specialized insurance coverage
While you tow a travel trailer with your car — and may have the comforts of home — that doesn’t mean your auto or home policies provide the coverage you want. Why not talk to a Farmers® agent about specialized insurance designed for your priorities and lifestyle?
You may be able to get insurance to help with direct and accidental physical damage to your travel trailer, including permanently installed accessories such as: awnings, antennas and satellite dishes. The range of covered hazards includes — but isn’t limited to — collisions, lightning, flooding, landslides, wind and hail, wild animals, fire and smoke, vandalism and theft, and trees and overhangs.
Here are some situations in which Farmers travel trailer insurance may help you:
A tree damages your trailer
You turn too sharply while maneuvering through a wooded campground — scraping the side of your trailer against a stout oak tree.
There’s a fire in your kitchenette
Your refrigerator’s compressor overheats and starts a fire. You’re able to put it out with an extinguisher, but the kitchenette is ruined.
Your awning is lost in a windstorm
A powerful windstorm rips your fabric awning away from the trailer — blowing it into a nearby lake.
Your trailer is vandalized
You go to pick up your trailer at an outdoor storage lot only to discover a local graffiti artist has used it for practice.
You can also customize your coverage with popular options including:
- Total Loss Replacement coverage can help if your new travel trailer is declared a total loss within the first five years — providing a brand new replacement of a similar kind and quality.
- Emergency Expense coverage can help with the cost of lodging or travel if your travel trailer is damaged more than 50 miles from home.
- Campsite/Vacation Liability coverage can help when a travel trailer is parked and being used as a dwelling or for recreational purposes.
- Full-Timer Liability coverage provides personal liability protection when your travel trailer is parked and used as a dwelling or for recreational purposes.
- Replacement Cost coverage for damaged or stolen personal belongings.
- TraveLine® Towing and Roadside Assistance includes towing, tire changes, fluid delivery and locksmith services.
Farmers works to build strong customer relationships
Farmers has spent 90 years putting customers first. Are you shopping for coverage, or do you have a question about your policy? Maybe you’re ready to get a travel trailer insurance quote. Be sure to let a Farmers agent deliver personalized service and support.
You’ll experience a similar level of care from our knowledgeable claims representatives, who will provide assistance as quickly as possible.
To learn how Farmers can help you protect your travel trailer, call an agent today.
For a quote call 1-888-938-2121.
Gil Weiss trains sales teams at dealerships for nearly every major automaker in North America.
We interviewed Weiss to seek out tips on how to negotiate with a car dealer to achieve maximum savings.
Read the story: New Car Tactics that Could Save $100s (or ) on Your Next Deal