A fifth wheel lets you balance your vacation priorities. You might like the space of a large RV, for instance, but also the ability to unhitch your pickup for local errands. Or maybe you want all the amenities of home — and an easy way to transport dirt bikes to your vacation spot.
Owning a fifth wheel isn’t just about getaways — it’s a big purchase. If you own one, consider getting specialized insurance. And your Farmers® Agent can provide you with information so you can get the coverage you want.
Specialized insurance coverage
Policies cover direct and accidental physical damage to a fifth wheel, including permanently installed accessories such as: awnings, antennas and satellite dishes. The range of covered hazards includes — but isn’t limited to — lightning, flooding, landslides, wind and hail, wild animals, fire and smoke, vandalism and theft, and trees and overhangs.
Here are some situations in which Farmers fifth wheel insurance may help you:
Popular Fifth Wheel options:
A tree damages your 5th wheel
You turn too sharply while maneuvering through a wooded campground — scraping the side of your fifth wheel against a stout oak tree.
There’s a fire in your kitchenette
Your refrigerator’s compressor overheats and starts a fire. You’re able to put it out with an extinguisher, but the kitchenette is ruined.
Your awning is lost in a windstorm
A powerful windstorm rips your fabric awning away from the fifth wheel — blowing it into a nearby lake.
Your fifth wheel is vandalized
You go to pick up your fifth wheel at an outdoor storage lot only to discover a local graffiti artist has used it for practice.
Farmers offers a variety of coverage options to fit your lifestyle and travel habits. Popular fifth wheel options include:
- Total Loss Replacement coverage can help if your new fifth wheel is declared a total loss within the first five years — providing a brand new replacement of a similar kind and quality.
- Emergency Expense coverage can help with the cost of lodging or travel if your fifth wheel is damaged more than 50 miles from home.
- Campsite/Vacation Liability coverage can help when a fifth wheel is parked and used as a dwelling or for recreational purposes.
- Replacement Cost coverage can help with damaged or stolen personal belongings.
- TraveLine® Towing and Roadside Assistance can help with towing, tire changes, fluid delivery and locksmith services.
- Full-timer coverage can help with continuous liability protection when your fifth wheel is parked and used as a dwelling or for recreational purposes.
Farmers works to build strong customer relationships
Farmers has spent 90 years putting customers first. Are you shopping for coverage, or do you have a question about your policy? Maybe you’re ready to get a fifth wheel insurance quote. Be sure to let a Farmers agent deliver personalized service and support.
You’ll experience a similar level of care from our knowledgeable claims representatives, who will provide assistance as quickly as possible.
To learn how Farmers can help you protect your fifth wheel, call an agent today.
For a quote call 1-888-938-2121.
Brent Rose is currently traveling the U.S. living in a high-tech van.
Life on the road has made this journalist an RV pro. Find out how he stays connected and comfortable living on wheels.
Read the story: The Chores Can Wait. Follow This Guy’s Journey to Plan the Road Trip of a Lifetime