There’s a motor home for just about any taste and budget. You might have something basic — just enough to add a few amenities to your camping trips. Perhaps you retired, sold the house and travel full-time in a luxuriously outfitted 40-foot RV. Maybe you split the difference with a Class C motor home you can easily store in your driveway.
Call 1-888-938-2121 for a quote today.
Any motor home is a significant purchase — and, while it might seem like a house on wheels, that doesn’t mean your home or auto insurance policy provide the coverage you want. Your Farmers® agent can tell you about insurance designed for your RV.
What Does Recreational Vehicle Insurance Cover?
RV insurance policies cover direct and accidental physical damage to a motor home, including permanently installed accessories such as: awnings, antennas and satellite dishes. The range of includes — but isn’t limited to — collision, lightning, flooding, landslides, wind and hail, wild animals, fire and smoke, vandalism and theft, and trees and overhangs.
A standard Farmers RV insurance policy may help with potential risks like these:
A low-hanging branch causes damage
As you’re pulling into the campground, a low-hanging branch damages your satellite dish and cracks a skylight.
You don’t see an obstacle behind you
While backing your RV into a parking spot, you don’t see low concrete poles protecting the water hookup. The collision leaves your motor home with a crumpled bumper and broken spare tire cover.
Your motor home has flood damage
You’re parked next to a river that floods unexpectedly after a heavy rainstorm — leaving your motor home sitting in three feet of water.
You can also customize your RV insurance coverage with a number of options:
- Total Loss Replacement coverage can help if your new motor home is declared a total loss within the first five years — providing a brand new replacement of a similar kind and quality.
- Emergency Expense coverage can help with the cost of lodging or travel if your motor home is damaged more than 50 miles from home.
- Campsite/Vacation Liability coverage can help when a motor home is parked and used as a vacation residence.
- Replacement Cost coverage can help if personal belongings are destroyed or stolen.
- TraveLine® Towing and Roadside Assistance can help with towing, tire changes, fluid delivery and locksmith services.
- Full-Timer coverage can help with personal liability protection when your motor home is parked and used as a dwelling for an extended period of time.
Farmers works to build strong customer relationships
Farmers has spent 90 years putting customers first. Are you shopping for coverage, or do you have a question about your policy? Maybe you’re ready to get a motor home insurance quote. Be sure to let a Farmers agent deliver personalized service and support.
You’ll experience a similar level of care from our knowledgeable claims representatives, who will provide assistance as quickly as possible.
To learn how Farmers can help you protect your motor home, call an agent today for a free RV insurance quote. Our agents can discuss your specific insurance coverage needs and provided cost estimates for a motor home policy.
For a quote call 1-888-938-2121.
Journalist Brent Rose has learned what it takes to stay safe and comfortable on a cross-country road trip.
He’s been rolling solo for more than 21 months.