When it comes to car insurance, standard coverages such as liability, collision, and comprehensive are just the beginning. Farmers also offers a wide range of optional coverages and features to help you tailor your policy to suit your lifestyle.
Car insurance options — beyond the basics
Towing and Roadside Service
- Provides 24/7 roadside assistance if your car is disabled
- Helps pay for towing, tire changing, locksmith service and jump-starts
Rental Car Reimbursement
- Covers the cost of a renting a car for up to 30 days while yours is repaired
- Arrangements and billing can be handled by Farmers
- Provides coverage if you’re driving your car waiting to carry passengers for an app-based company like Uber or Lyft
- Can provide coverage during drive times not covered by business or individual insurance
- Does not provide coverage while a rideshare passenger is in your vehicle
Loss of Use
- Provides a flat sum for transportation while your car is repaired after a covered loss or in the event of a total loss
- Can be used for public transit, rentals, taxis and rideshare services
- Can pay daily stipend until maximum payout is reached
- Adds coverage for the cost to repair or replace permanently installed aftermarket equipment
- Available on any vehicle with collision and comprehensive coverage
Glass Deductible Buyback
- Reduces your cost for windshield and glass repair and replacement
- Reduces your deductible (the part you pay) to $100 for glass damage
- There’s no deductible for chip repairs that don’t require glass replacement
Safety Equipment - Waiver of Deductible
- Offers $0 deductible on glass repair and replacement
- You pay nothing out of pocket
- Available only in select states
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Covers the cost of using factory-original parts, if available, in covered repairs
- Available on cars up to 10 years old
New Car Replacement Coverage
- Covers the cost to replace your car with a new one of the same make and model
- Available when your car is totaled within the first two model years and 24,000 miles
- Farmers will forgive one at-fault accident every three years when Accident Forgiveness is purchased
- Keeps your premium from increasing because of just one accident
Residual Debt Coverage
- If your insured car is a total loss, and the Actual Cash Value (ACV) of your car is less than the remaining balance on your auto loan, this coverage can pay up to 25% above the ACV to help pay off the loan
This information provides only a general description of coverages, features, and potential discounts. Not all products, coverages and discounts are available in every state, and can vary by state. Eligibility requirements can vary by state. Coverages and discounts are subject to the terms, limits, provisions, exclusions, restrictions, and conditions in the policy and in applicable endorsements. Contact Farmers for details and additional information.
Learn From Experience
Want to know more about car insurance coverage? Read these articles from those who know.
Does My Auto Insurance Cover Rental Vehicles?
Here’s what you should know about insurance before renting a vehicle: Most types of temporary rental vehicles are covered under the Farmers® personal auto policy.
You May Be Cleaning Your Car All Wrong, According to These Pro Detailers
What is Umbrella Insurance?
Umbrella insurance helps cover your financial responsibility for injury or loss to someone else. It supplements the liability coverage provided by your home and auto policies. It’s an affordable way to protect your assets in case of a lawsuit. Umbrella coverage limits range from $1 million to $10 million.