Farmers FlexSM Personal Auto Options
One size definitely does not fit all.
When it comes to car insurance, standard coverages such as liability, collision, and comprehensive are just the beginning. Our new Farmers FlexSM Personal Auto policy also offers a wide range of optional coverages and features to help you tailor your policy to suit your lifestyle.
Car insurance options — beyond the basics
- Don’t let one accident get you down.
- While insured with Farmers, we won't raise your auto premium because of an at-fault accident for every three years, when Accident Forgiveness is included
- After 36 continuous months of being a Farmers FlexSM Personal Auto customer and meeting eligibility requirements, you are offered Accident Forgiveness as a benefit at no additional cost. It is our way of showing appreciation for your continued business.
- When added to your policy and each time your policy renews without a claim, you earn $50 (six-month renewal) or $100 (annual renewal) towards your Collision deductible the next time you do have a claim
- After 36 continuous months of being a Farmers FlexSM Personal Auto customer and meeting eligibility requirements, you are offered Declining Deductible as a benefit at no additional cost. It is our way of showing appreciation for your continued business.
Enhanced Roadside and Ride Assistance
- Includes towing up to 100 miles from the site of disablement, rather than the 20 miles offered with Standard Roadside Assistance
- Includes mobile battery testing and installation, less the cost of the battery
- Goes beyond 24/7 towing and roadside assistance to add funds for a rideshare to continue your trip
- Whether you’re stuck in the mud, have a flat tire, locked your keys in the car, or simply left the lights on, this coverage can help get you back on the road
Vehicle Replacement Plus
- If your car is determined to be a total loss, Vehicle Replacement Plus helps pay for you to replace it with a newer one and pay off any loan gap
- For a car less than two model years old with less than 24,000 miles, we pay to replace it with a new car of the latest model year
- For an older car or one with more than 24,000 miles, we will pay to replace it with a car one model year newer, with 20,000 fewer miles on it
- If the car is financed and the total loss payment is less than the remaining balance due on the damaged car, this coverage will also pay off that loan or lease gap
Rental coverage or Rental Alternative coverage
- When buying your policy, choose between two options to help in case your car is unavailable while undergoing covered repairs, or in the event of a total loss:
- Rental Coverage can pay for a rental car for up to 30 days while your car is repaired, or for up to 7 days in the event of a total loss, or
- Rental Alternative Coverage can pay you a daily stipend up to the limit you select, to use as you wish for each day your car is in the shop or in the event of a total loss, until the maximum payout is reached
New Original Parts
- When available, any covered repair will use only new parts from the original equipment manufacturer of your vehicle
$100 Glass Deductible
- Reduces your cost for windshield and glass repair and replacement
- Reduces your deductible (the part you pay) to $100 for glass damage
- There’s no deductible for chip repairs that don’t require glass replacement
Safety Equipment - Waiver of Deductible
- Offers $0 deductible on glass repair and replacement
- You pay nothing out of pocket
- Available only in select states
Customizations over $1,000
- Customized Equipment provides coverage to repair or replace permanently installed aftermarket equipment for covered losses
Ride Share and Food Delivery
- Provides coverage if you’re driving your car for an app-based company, whether carrying passengers or delivering food
This information provides only a general description of coverages, features, and potential discounts. Not all products, coverages and discounts are available in every state, and can vary by state. Eligibility requirements can vary by state. Coverages and discounts are subject to the terms, limits, provisions, exclusions, restrictions, and conditions in the policy and in applicable endorsements. Contact Farmers for details and additional information.
Learn From Experience
Want to know more about car insurance coverage? Read these articles from those who know.
Does My Auto Insurance Cover Rental Vehicles?
Here’s what you should know about insurance before renting a vehicle: Most types of temporary rental vehicles are covered under the Farmers® personal auto policy.
You May Be Cleaning Your Car All Wrong, According to These Pro Detailers
What is Umbrella Insurance?
Umbrella insurance helps cover your financial responsibility for injury or loss to someone else. It supplements the liability coverage provided by your home and auto policies. It’s an affordable way to protect your assets in case of a lawsuit. Umbrella coverage limits range from $1 million to $10 million.