Business Insurance for Apartment Owners

Whether you own a single building, a larger complex or several apartment properties, Farmers® offers insurance policies you can tailor to get the coverage you want if the unexpected happens. 

Since Farmers agents are small business owners, too, they can provide personalized know-how as you choose coverage options for specific events like damage, injuries and crime.

Here are some ways you can help manage risks at your apartment building:

Property damage



A fire in an on-site manager’s office causes structural damage and destroys important paperwork that’s covered on your policy.


Business property insurance can help when unforeseen events like fires damage your apartment building or equipment, and can also help if the damage interrupts your business income.   


Injured Son


A prospective tenant is injured when she trips on a power cord while touring an apartment that’s under renovation.


Business liability insurance can help with the costs of claims or lawsuits if you’re legally liable for an injury on the premises of your apartment complex. 

Employee theft



An employee forges your signature to steal money from your business account.  


Business crime insurance can help with coverage for losses that result from wrongdoing like theft, forgery, robbery or by an employee or other third party.

Building codes costs after rebuild



Stricter building codes mean it’s more expensive to rebuild after a major storm.


Building ordinance coverage can help cover the increased cost of complying with a building ordinance or law when repairing or remodeling a building after it has been damaged.

Farmers builds value into each apartment insurance policy

Be sure to ask an agent about the advantages of insuring your apartment building with Farmers. For instance:

  • Farmers writes apartment insurance policies based on location rather than on individual structures. This means any number of buildings can be included as a single line item on coverage forms and protected under a single coverage limit.
  • We provide 18 months of coverage for the actual loss of business income while you rebuild after a covered loss.

Creative Ways to Upgrade a Rental Property

When property entrepreneur Denise Supplee lacked the budget to renovate the kitchen on a rental, she got creative. She listed the rental at $1,900 a month, but included a note that she'd drop the rent to $1,600 for a handy renter qualified to rehab the kitchen. "Not only did I get a brand-new kitchen for the cost of materials, but that tenant ended up staying for more than three years because he had a home he really liked. He'd put his own touch on it."

Farmers works to build strong customer relationships

Farmers has spent 90 years putting customers first. Are you shopping for coverage, or do you have a question about your policy? Maybe you’re ready to get an apartment owner’s insurance quote. Be sure to let a Farmers agent deliver personalized service and support.

You’ll experience a similar level of care from our knowledgeable claims representatives, who will provide assistance as quickly as possible.

To learn more about what Farmers can do for your apartment business, call an agent today.

The value of a Farmers® agent

Work with a Farmers agent to better understand your options, and help you find coverage to protect your business.

Find a Farmers agent