Connect with an agent
Farmers Has South Dakotans Covered with Smart Insurance Discounts
Auto Insurance Discounts
Discounts for the Family
- Bundle Discounts - You may earn multi-policy discounts when you bundle your Farmers Auto policy with any of the following Farmers products:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Business and Professional Group - If you’re currently employed with or retired from an approved business or occupation group, you may be eligible for an additional rate discount. Contact us to see if you qualify.
- Distant Student - A discount for drivers 23 and under, who go to school at least 100 miles away from home and don’t regularly use the covered car.
- Multi-Car - Cover more than one car under the same Farmers Auto policy and earn this discount.
- Teen Driver - Your teen driver (19 and under) saves on his/her Auto insurance when you add them to your policy, as long as it’s been in effect for at least 2 years.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Alternative Fuel - Save money at the pump, and on your auto insurance when you drive a hybrid, electric, or other alternative fuel car in South Dakota.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Select EFT as your payment method, and we could reduce your premium rate.
- Pay In Full - Pay 100% of your term premium in one lump sum, and Farmers may lower your rates.
- Transfer - Switch to Farmers Insurance from another approved provider, and you’ll save.
- Homeowner - South Dakota policyholders are eligible for an additional discount if they own their home.
- Good Student - In South Dakota, students 25 and under can lower their auto insurance rates just by getting good grades. This discount applies to any of the following:
- High school student with at least a "B" average
- College student with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll student
- Student ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
- Mature Driver - South Dakotans 55 and older can complete a state-recognized Safe Driver Program, to earn this additional rate discount. This discount is valid for 3 years, so if you’ve taken the course recently, please let us know!
Homeowner Insurance Discounts
Discounts for the Household
- Affinity - Farmers is well-known for teaming up with local businesses to help communities across America. To show continuing support for growing communities, we offer discounts to members across occupational groups that include retirees. Chat with a Farmers agent today to see if you qualify.
- Bundle Discounts - On the fence about adding a Farmers Home, Auto and/or Life policy? When you bundle policies you may save more!
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - Do you have any new renovations on your home’s heating and electrical, or plumbing systems? You might qualify for a discount on your Homeowners insurance.
- New Home - Having a new home is a great feeling. And what could make it better? A Farmers discount!
- New Roof - 6 years is the lifetime of this discount! Not bad, considering that you may have inherited a new roof from the previous home owner.
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - Asphalt and fiberglass shingles approved by Underwriters Laboratories are extra durable when it comes to harsh weather, helping your keep future repair costs down. One more smart choice is one more smart discount brought to you by Farmers.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - Get a discount for qualifying safety and environmental features, including: fortified windows and walls, automatic water leek or gas valve shut offs, or ENERGY STAR, EPA, or LEED certification.
- Protective Devices - Here’s an easy discount: does your home have a fire alarm, security system, and/or internal sprinkler system?
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.