Connect with an agent
Farmers North Carolina Auto Insurance Discounts
Drivers in the beautiful Tar Heel state feel safer with smart Auto coverage at smarter prices.
Wherever you roam in NC, from Raleigh to Charlotte and everywhere else, you’ll find friendly people, good eats, and valuable Farmers discounts. Learn about the different ways Farmers helps you save on great auto insurance in North Carolina.
Discounts for the Family
- Distant Student - Lower your rates with this discount if your child attends school at least 100 miles away from your home and doesn’t have regular access to the covered vehicle.
- Multi-Car - Get an additional discount if you cover more than one vehicle on the same Farmers policy.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Transfer - Switch to Farmers Auto insurance and save with this discount.
- Homeowner - North Carolina policyholders are eligible for an additional discount if they own their home.
- Good Student - In North Carolina, students can earn better auto insurance rates when they get better grades in school! Farmers Good Student discount applies to any of the following:
- High school student with at least a "B" average
- College student with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll student
- Student ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
Defensive Driving Discounts
- Anti-Lock Brakes - Most modern vehicles come standard with an Anti-Lock Brake (ABS) system that helps bring your car to a controlled stop quickly. Farmers automatically discounts your rates if you cover a vehicle with ABS.
- Passive Restraint - Cars with automatic seatbelts and air bags (so about 99% of vehicles in the US) can earn you an extra rate discount.
- Claim Free - Safe drivers in North Carolina earn extra discounts if no one in your household has any claims.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.