Connect with an agent
Smarter Insurance Discounts in Colorado
Car Insurance Discounts
As you drive across the vivid landscape of Colorado, know that you’re protected for the best price.
Discounts for the Family
- Bundle Discounts - Covering your most important investments with Farmers is a great way to protect your assets and save money. Because when you choose Farmers to insure your world, you not only get quality coverage, but we reward you with multi-line discounts! Just maintain a Farmers Auto insurance policy, along with any one of the following policies to qualify:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Business and Professional Group - Are you an employee or retiree from an approved Colorado business or professional group? If so you may be eligible for an additional rate discount. Contact us to see if you qualify.
- Distant Student - If you have a child named on your policy who attends school or college at least 100 miles from your home and doesn’t regularly use your car, you may be eligible for this rate discount.
- Multi-Car - Insure more than one vehicle under the same Farmers auto policy to earn this rate discount.
- Teen Driver - A single licensed driver in Colorado, under the age of 19, who is the child or grandchild of the primary insured person, can qualify for this rate discount.
- Youthful Driver - If you have young drivers, under 25, on your policy, you may be eligible for an additional rate discount.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Alternative Fuel - Drive a vehicle that uses a new alternative fuel system, like an electric, gas/electric hybrid, ethanol, methanol, or compressed natural gas engine, and not only will you save at the pump, but we’ll reward you with an additional insurance rate discount.
- Early Shopping - Purchase your new Farmers policy at least 7 days before your current policy expires to earn this additional rate discount. Just make sure you cancel your current insurance policy, and that there isn’t a lapse in coverage.
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) - Choose Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) as your payment method for your policy, and we’ll discount your rates.
- Homeowner - Own your home, and Farmers will discount your Auto insurance rate.
- Pay In Full - When you purchase or renew your policy, you have the option of paying your premium through scheduled payments or all at once. If you choose to pay your premium with one lump sum, you won’t have to worry about missing payments, and even better, Farmers will reduce your entire rate.
- Transfer - Switch to Farmers Insurance from another approved carrier with no lapse in coverage, and you’ll be rewarded with a premium discount.
- Good Student - Statistically, good students make safer drivers! And at Farmers, we want to see students excel. So we discount coverage for young Colorado drivers under the age of 25, who maintain a "B" average or better. This discount also applies to students that meet one of the following academic criteria:
- College students with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll students
- Students ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting the discount.
- Mature Driver - A rate discount for senior Coloradoans 55 years and older, who successfully complete a state-recognized defensive driving course. This discount is valid for 3 years.
Home Insurance Discounts
Wherever you call home in Colorado, protect it with quality coverage at smart prices.
Discounts for the Household
- Affinity - Members of Colorado business or professional groups may be eligible for additional home rate discounts. Contact Us to see if you qualify.
- Bundle Discounts - Multiple Farmers policies mean more quality coverage for your most important assets. It also means more discounts for our loyal policyholders. Choose Farmers Auto and/or Life policies, in addition to your Farmers Homeowners policy, and earn deep multi-line discounts.
- Non-Smoker - Smoking can unfortunately increase the risk of fire or smoke damages in your home. So Farmers offers a discount to households where no one has smoked in the last 2 years.
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - A homeowners discount for policyholders who have recently renovated their electrical and heating, or plumbing systems.
- New Home - Homes built within the past 12 years are eligible for this additional premium discount.
- New Roof - If your home has a new roof, or you’ve replaced your home’s roof within the past 6 years, you may be eligible for this premium discount.
- UL Approved Roof Rating - A discount for roofs that have been built with materials specifically approved and tested by Underwriters Laboratories and that scored well for impact resistance.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - A discount for homes with certain loss prevention measures or environmentally friendly features such as:
- Fortified windows, doors, and improved connections between the roof, walls, and foundation to guard against natural disasters and extreme weather
- ENERGY STAR or EPA Certification for energy efficiency
- LEED Certification for high-performance green homes
- Whole House Water Leak Detection to shut off the main water service when a leak is found
- Automatic Gas Shutoff Valve
- Protective Devices - Guard your home from theft and damage with a burglar alarm, fire alarm, and a fire protection device (like an internal sprinkler system) and qualify for this additional insurance rate discount.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.