North Dakotans Get Smart Coverage at Smarter Prices with Farmers
Auto Insurance Discounts
Learn about the different ways Farmers helps you save on great Auto insurance in North Dakota:
Discounts for the Family
- Multi-line Discounts - Purchase an Auto insurance policy from Farmers and protect your other investments with any of the following policies, and you may earn a multi-policy discount:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Business and Professional Group - If you work for, or are retired from, a job with an approved occupation group, you may be eligible for an additional rate discount. Contact Us to see if you qualify.
- Distant Student - Discount your child’s auto insurance rates if they go to school at least 100 miles away from home and don’t have regular access to the covered car.
- Multi-Car - Cover more than one car under the same Farmers Auto policy and save.
- Teen Driver - Add your teenage child or grandchild to your policy, and as long as you’ve had coverage with Farmers for at least 2 years, we’ll discount your premium.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Alternative Fuel - If you drive a hybrid, electric, or even natural gas fueled car, you’re probably saving plenty at the pump. But Farmers wants to save you more by discounting your Auto insurance rate.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Choose to pay your bill using our Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) payment, and we’ll reduce your rates.
- Transfer - Switch to Farmers Auto insurance and save with this discount.
- Pay In Full - Get a better rate if you choose to pay your entire term premium in one lump sum.
- Homeowner - North Dakota policyholders are eligible for an additional discount if they own their home.
- Good Student - Attention parents, your kids can get better auto insurance rates just by doing well in school! If they meet any of the following requirements, they’ll earn a Good Student Discount:
- High school student with at least a "B" average
- College student with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll student
- Student ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
- Mature Driver - Senior drivers in North Dakota, 55 and older, can earn an additional rate discount for completing a state-approved Safe Driver Program. If you’ve finished this program in the past 3 years, please let us know!
Homeowner Insurance Discounts
Get rewarded for the safe and smart homeowner habits you’re already doing, and see how else Farmers can save you money on your insurance:
Discounts for the Household
- Affinity - Farmers is always investing in positive relationships with local communities. To see if Farmers is involved with your group and profession, just ask a Farmers agent.
- Multi-line Discounts - Combining Farmers Home, Auto and/or Life means more discounts and lower total insurance costs for you!
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - Save on your insurance if there have been any recent renovations of your home’s heating and electrical, or plumbing systems.
- New Home - Having a new home is an amazing feeling. Saving money on top of that feeling is even better.
- New Roof - This discount keeps giving, up to 6 years after your roof was replaced.
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - Since some types of roofs last longer, Farmers rewards homes with tested, impact-resistant asphalt or fiberglass shingles approved by Underwriters Laboratories.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - Your home may be especially suited to avoid losses and give back to the environment. Take a look at this list of qualifying discounted features: reinforced windows and walls, water leak or gas valve shut offs, or LEED, ENERGY STAR, or EPA certification.
- Protective Devices - Keeping a fire alarm, security system, and/or internal sprinkler system won’t just help protect what means the most to you. It can also help Farmers discount what means a lot to us, your insurance premium.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.