Farmers Montana Auto and Homeowners Insurance Discounts
Driving the wide open spaces and Rocky Mountains of Montana is easier with smart coverage at smarter prices. Learn about the different ways Farmers helps you save on great auto insurance in Montana.
Discounts for the Family
- Multi-line Discounts - Combine multiple Farmers policies, like Auto and any one of the following, and you'll earn deep multi-policy discounts:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Business and Professional Group - If you’re a member or employee of an approved professional group or business, you may be eligible for additional rate discounts. Contact us to see if you qualify!
- Distant Student - Farmers will lower your rates if you cover a child who goes to school at least 100 miles away from your home, and who doesn’t regularly use your covered car.
- Multi-Car - Cover more than one car under the same Farmers auto policy, and receive a rate discount.
- Teen Driver - Add your teen child or grandchild to your policy, and as long as you’ve had your Farmers Auto coverage for at least 2 years, you’ll earn this additional discount.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Alternative Fuel - Since the discovery of the Bakken shale oil formation, Montana has been on the cusp of a natural resource boom! But if you drive a vehicle that doesn’t use traditional oil, like a hybrid, electric, or natural gas vehicle, Farmers will give you a discount.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Pay your premium bills with Automated Electronic Funds Transfers and Farmers can reduce your rate.
- Pay In Full - Lower your premium when you choose to pay for your entire term in one lump sum.
- Transfer - Transfer your auto insurance from another provider to Farmers, and we’ll reward you with this discount.
- Homeowner - Montana policyholders are eligible for an additional discount if they own their home.
- Good Student - Do well in school, and students under 25 get a discount on their Auto insurance. This discount applies to students that meet one of the following academic criteria:
- High school students with at least "B" average
- College students with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll students
- Students ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
- Mature Driver - Montana drivers 55 and older, who successfully complete a state-recognized defensive driving course, can receive a discount on their Bodily Injury, Property Damage, Medical Payments, and Collision liability coverage. The discount is valid for 2 years, so if you’ve recently finished a course, please let us know!
Homeowners Insurance Discounts
Learn how you can protect your home and your household with great coverage, all without breaking the bank.
Discounts for the Household
- Affinity - Employees and retirees from certain eligible occupational groups may qualify for this additional premium discount. Contact Us to see if you qualify.
- Multi-line Discounts - Save big when you combine multiple Farmers policies. Carry your Homeowners Insurance, along with your Auto or Life, all with Farmers, and save!
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - Homes with recently replaced or renovated heating and electrical, or plumbing systems may qualify for this premium discount.
- New Home - Homes built within the past 13 years may be eligible for a premium discount.
- New Roof - If your roof has been replaced or built new in the past 6 years, you could earn this discount.
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - Roofs made of impact resistant materials, approved and tested by Underwriters Laboratories, like asphalt shingles or asphalt fiberglass may qualify for this discount.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - Taking steps to make your house stronger or more environmentally friendly makes for a safer home. So Farmers discounts your policy if you take any of the following steps:
- Fortify the home with added protection to windows, doors, and improved connections between the roof, walls, and foundation to guard against natural disasters and extreme weather.
- ENERGY STAR or EPA Certified for energy efficiency
- LEED Certified for high-performance green homes
- Equip the home with Whole House Water Leak Detection to shut off the main water service when a leak is found
- Equip the home with an Automatic Gas Shutoff Valve
- Protective Devices - Burglar alarms, central fire alarms, and fire protection sprinklers help to protect your home from serious risk, so Farmers rewards you with a premium discount for having them.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.