Farmers Offers Smarter Auto Insurance Discounts in Kentucky
Learn all about the different ways Farmers helps you save on great Auto coverage.
Discounts for the Family:
- Multi-line Discounts - Combine multiple Farmers policies together, and protect your important assets while also saving big money! Carry Farmers Auto and any of the following policies to qualify for multi-policy discounts:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Distant Student - Meant to lower your payments if your teen driver isn’t using your car often, qualify for this discount if a student (under 25) on your policy goes to school at least 100 miles away from your house and doesn’t have regular access to the covered car.
- Multi-Car - Cover more than one vehicle under the same Farmers Auto policy, and save.
Planning Ahead Discounts:
- Claims Free Renewal - If you stay continuously insured with Farmers, and drive without any moving violations or at-fault accidents, we’ll reward you with this rate discount at renewal time.
- Transfer - Switch to Farmers from another approved carrier, and as long as there’s no gap in your coverage, we’ll give you a lower rate.
- Homeowner - Kentucky policyholders are eligable for an additional discount if they own their home.
- Defensive Driving - Complete a state-certified defensive driving course and earn an insurance rate discount. Please be prepared to submit your course complete certificate. Discount available to drivers of all ages.
- Driver Training - Drivers under 21 can reduce their rates, and get more experience behind the wheel by taking and passing an approved driving training course.
- Good Student - All students on the policy, under 25, can reduce their premiums just by getting good grades in school. This discount applies to students that meet one of the following criteria:
- High school students with at least "B" average
- College students with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll students
- Students ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
- Mature Driver - Kentucky drivers over 55 can lower their insurance rates when they complete a state-approved driving training course.
Defensive Driving Discounts:
- Antilock Brakes - Vehicles with factory-installed antilock brakes on all four tires qualify for a premium discount.
- Anti-Theft - Protect your vehicle from being stolen with an alarm or similar anti-theft device, and you’ll pay lower rates on your Auto insurance.
- Passive Restraint - Driving with factory-installed automatic seatbelts and airbags makes you safer behind the wheel. They also qualify you for another rate discount.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.