Connect with an agent
Farmers Smart Discounts Keep Pennsylvanians Protected for Less
Auto Insurance Discounts
Discounts for the Family
- Bundle Discounts - You could save money and protect all of your important investments when you bundle a Farmers Auto policy with any of the following Farmers products:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Distant Student - A discount for drivers 23 and under, who go to school at least 100 miles away from home and don’t regularly use the covered car.
- Multi-Car - Cover more than one car under the same Farmers Auto policy and earn this discount.
- Teen Driver - Your teen driver (19 or younger) saves on their auto insurance rates when you add them to your policy after 2 years in effect.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Alternative Fuel - Own a hybrid, electric, or other alternative vehicle in PA, and you’ll save on your Auto insurance with Farmers.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Pay your premium with an automatic EFT, and Farmers will lower your rates.
- Homeowner - If you own your home, you may be eligible for this additional rate discount.
- Pay In Full - Pay 100% of your term premium in one lump sum, and Farmers will lower your rates.
- Transfer - Switch to Farmers Insurance from another approved provider, and you’ll save.
- Good Student -Licensed drivers under 25, going to school full time, can lower their rates by getting good grades. This discount applies to any of the following:
- High school student with at least a "B" average
- College student with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll student
- Student ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
- Mature Driver - Senior Pennsylvanians, 55 and older, can earn an additional rate discount if they complete a state-approved Safe Driver Program. If you’ve finished a course like this in the past 3 years, you’re eligible for this discount.
Defensive Driving Discounts
- Anti-Theft - Factory-installed devices like car alarms, disablers, and similar systems help deter thieves from stealing cars. So Farmers discounts your policy if they’re equipped in yours.
- Passive Restraint - Discount your First Party Benefits Coverage if your vehicle is equipped with factory-installed automatic seatbelts and air bags.
Homeowner Insurance Discounts
Discounts for the Household
- Bundle Discounts - Thinking about adding a Farmers Home, Auto and/or Life policy? Think fast because combining policies gets you a great discount!
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - How new are those modifications of your home’s heating and electrical, or plumbing systems? You might qualify for a discount from Farmers.
- New Home - Having a new home can mean a lot of exciting things. But it also means more savings with Farmers. And this discount can be used on the same home for several years!
- New Roof - Have a new roof installed for this discount that can save you cash for up to 6 years. Maybe your home even came with a new roof.
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - Asphalt and fiberglass shingles approved by Underwriters Laboratories are extra resistant against weather. Another smart choice is another smart discount from Farmers.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - Evading expensive repairs and keeping your house energy efficient have their own rewards. But your smart choices can also help you earn a Farmers discount. Qualifying features include: fortified windows and walls, automatic water leak or gas valve shut offs, or ENERGY STAR, EPA, or LEED certification.
- Protective Devices - By any chance, you have a fire alarm, security system, and/or internal sprinkler system in your home? Smart decisions like these earn you great reward discounts from Farmers.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.