Discounts Make Farmers Insurance a Smart Choice in Illinois
Auto Insurance Discounts
Learn all about the different ways Farmers helps Illinoisans save on great auto coverage.
Discounts for the Family:
- Multi-line Discounts - Save money, time, and stress when you protect all of your important investments with Farmers insurance. Carry any one of the following Farmers policies, on top of your auto coverage, and save with multi-policy discounts:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Signal℠ by Farmers® - Signal is an app that analyzes the mechanics of your trips and driving style to help give you insights into your driving patterns. Get smarter about your driving habits, work toward reducing distractions, and earn an additional insurance discount.
- Business and Professional Group - Members of certain professional groups, and employees or retirees of businesses may be eligible for additional rate discounts. Contact us to see if you qualify!
- Distant Student -A discount for policyholders who cover a student who attends school at least 100 miles away from the home, and who doesn’t have regular access to the covered vehicle.
- Multi-Car - Insure more than one vehicle under the same Farmers Auto policy and save!
- Teen Driver -Discounts are available when you add a teen driver to your policy, as long as s/he is the child or grandchild of the primary named on the policy.
Planning Ahead Discounts:
- Alternative Fuel - Drive a hybrid, electric, or other alternative fuel car, and you’ll save at the pump, and on your insurance rates.
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) - Make life easier and save money when you enroll in Farmers Automatic Electronic Payments plan.
- Homeowner - If you own your home in Illinois, we can reduce your Auto insurance premium.
- Pay In Full - Lower your premium when you choose to pay for your full term in one lump sum.
- Transfer - Switch to Farmers Insurance from another carrier without a lapse in coverage, and you can lower your rates with this discount.
- Good Student - All Illinois licensed drivers under 25 are eligible for an insurance rate discount if they maintain a “B” average or better in school! This discount also applies to students that meet one of the following academic criteria:
- College students with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll students
- Students ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in nationally recognized standardized tests.
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
- Mature Driver - Illinois drivers over 55 can pocket savings on their Auto insurance rates after completing a course in state-approved driver training.
Defensive Driving Discounts:
Anti-Theft - If your vehicle features anti-theft devices like factory-installed alarm systems or Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) etching in the glass, you qualify for a discount on your Auto insurance.
Homeowner Insurance Discounts
Whether it’s in the city or in the small town prairies, protect your home in Illinois with smart coverage at smarter prices.
Discounts for the Household
- Affinity - If you’re an employee, retiree, or member of a certain professional group or business, you may be entitled to an additional premium discount. Contact us to find out if you qualify.
- Multi-line Discounts - Carry more than one Farmers insurance policy, and you’ll earn deep multi-policy discounts. Combine your Farmers Home insurance with a Farmers Auto and/or Life policy and you’ll save.
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - It’s important to keep your home’s vital systems up-to-date. So if you’ve recently renovated your heating and electrical, or plumbing systems, you may be eligible for a premium discount.
- New Home - Discounts are available for homes built within the past 12 years.
- New Roof - If you’ve replaced your roof, or have a new roof that’s less than 6 years old, you can save on your Home insurance policy.
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - If your roofing materials have been tested and approved by Underwriters Laboratories and use impact-resistant materials like asphalt or fiberglass shingles, you may qualify for this premium discount.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - Protect your home with loss-prevention measures and not only will you lower the risk of damages, but Farmers will discount your premium. Approved measures include:
- Fortified window, wall, and roof protection
- Whole House Water Leak Detection
- ENERGY STAR or EPA energy efficiency certification
- LEED green-home certification
- Automatic Gas Shutoff Valve
- Protective Devices - Protect your home and your family from break-ins and fires with a burglar alarm, fire alarm, and a fire-protective sprinkler system, and you may qualify for this additional discount.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.