Quality Coverage with Smarter Insurance Discounts in Iowa
Auto Insurance Discounts
Discounts for the Family
- Bundle Discounts - Qualify for Farmers multi-policy discounts when you cover your car, along with any of the following policies:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Business and Professional Group - Discounts are available for members of certain professional groups or employees of certain businesses. Contact us to see if you qualify!
- Distant Student - Farmers can discount your policy if you cover a student (23 years old or younger) who attends school at least 100 miles away from your home, and doesn’t have regular access to the covered vehicle.
- Multi-Car - Save on your Auto insurance when you cover more than one vehicle under the same Farmers Auto policy.
- Youthful Driver - If you have young drivers, under 25, on your policy, you could save with this discount.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Alternative Fuel - Farmers may discount your policy if you cover a hybrid, electric, ethanol, methanol, or compressed natural gas powered vehicle.
- Early Shopping - Get a Farmers quote and purchase your policy at least 7 days before it goes into effect, and as long as you don’t have a lapse in coverage, you save on your new policy.
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) - Enroll in our Automatic Electronic Payments plan, and not only will you never miss a payment again, but we’ll discount your rate as well.
- Homeowner - If you own your home in Idaho, you’re eligible for a discounted rate on your Auto insurance.
- Pay In Full - Farmers will discount your rate if you choose to pay your entire term premium in one lump sum.
- Transfer - Switch over to Farmers Insurance from another carrier, and as long as there’s been no lapse in coverage, you should receive a rate discount.
- Good Student - Statistically, better students make safer drivers. So Farmers gives young drivers in Idaho, under 25, an Auto insurance discount for keeping up a "B" average or better. This discount also applies to students that meet on of the following academic criteria:
- College students with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll students
- Students ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in nationally recognized standardized tests.
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
- Mature Driver - Senior Idaho residents, 55 and older, can qualify for an additional rate discount when they complete a state-recognized driving course. This discount is valid for 3 years, and applies to your bodily injury, property damage, medical payments, and collision coverage.
Defensive Driving Discounts
Anti-Theft - Car alarms and other vehicle recovery devices are great options for protecting your car. They also help you qualify for another rate discount.
Homeowner Insurance Discounts
Discounts for the Household
- Affinity - Employees or retirees of certain businesses or members of professional groups may be eligible for additional discounts. Contact Us to find out if you qualify.
- Bundle Discounts - Combine your Farmers Home insurance policy with a Farmers Auto and/or Life insurance policy, to earn great multi-line discounts.
- Non-Smoker - Qualify for an additional premium discount if no one in your household has smoked in the past 2 years.
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - Newer electrical and heating or plumbing systems make for safer homes. So if you’ve recently renovated, you may be eligible for an additional premium discount.
- New Roof - Get this discount if your roof is newly built, or you’ve recently replaced it within the past 6 years.
- New Home - Discounts are available for homes built within the past 12 years.
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - Roofs made of impact resistant materials, approved and tested by Underwriters Laboratories, like asphalt shingles or asphalt fiberglass may qualify for this discount.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - If you take loss-prevention measures, or make your home more environmentally friendly, Farmers will discount your premium! Qualifying measures include:
- Fortified homes with added protection to windows, doors, and improved connections between the roof, walls, and foundation to guard against natural disasters and extreme weather.
- ENERGY STAR or EPA Certified for energy efficiency
- LEED Certified for high-performance green homes
- Home equipped with Whole House Water Leak Detection to shut off the main water service when a leak is found
- Home equipped with an Automatic Gas Shutoff Valve
- Protective Devices - Install a qualified burglar alarm, fire alarm, or a fire protection sprinkler system to protect your home from damages, and we’ll lower your insurance premium.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.