Ever wonder what Farmers is doing after a severe weather event? In the event of a major natural disaster, get information here about Farmers claims personnel in your area and the locations of our Mobile Claims Center fleet.
The Catastrophe Response Team
We are assisting customers in areas affected by severe weather
Due to severe storms we have seen an increase in claims throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth, Bridgeport, Mineral Wells and surrounding areas.
Severe storms hit the Kansas City area the weekend of May 16th, leading to an increase in claims.
Severe storms moved through the Tulsa area the weekend of May 16th, leading to an increase in claims.
After a disaster
Please stay alert and away from dangers like:
- Damaged roads or bridges
- Broken or damaged power lines and gas lines
- Broken glass, splintered wood and other sharp, dangerous objects
- Gas fumes (open windows for ventilation, and wait to use lighters or matches)
Remember to cooperate with authorities. If you’re asked to stay off of phone lines, keep off emergency roads or anything else, do it. In the aftermath of a major disaster, everyone has to pitch in and do their part.
Contact your Claim Representative
After you’ve handled all of the immediate dangers, and gotten yourself and your family to a safe place, you should alert your Claim Representative with an inventory of your losses, so s/he can get started on investigating and replacing your property.
- Do some temporary repairs to prevent any looting or further damages, if you can.
- Hire a reliable contractor. Beware of fraudulent contractors who prey on disaster victims.
- Please be patient, especially if there’s widespread damage in your community.