The difference between a Farmers Workers Compensation policy and one offered by another insurance company is service.
As part of our service, Farmers offers your business our "building block" system to help you build a strong foundation for operating a safe, secure work environment. The building blocks include accident prevention and loss control, team service led by your professional Farmers agent, claims management, and FarmersCare®, our medical and disability management program.
What does this mean to you?
- A potential for reduced injuries and losses
- A potential for reduced medical & disability costs
- Potential reduced premium costs
We focus on providing Workers Compensation insurance to the following industry groups:
Workers Compensation Coverages
The underlying strategy of our Workers Compensation program is to establish a partnership among the four participants: the injured employee, the employer, the medical provider and Farmers. Our goal is to quickly and efficiently deliver the correct benefits at a fair cost.
We provide the following additional services as part of our program to help you control costs and reduce premiums.
Our complete medical and disability management program is designed to help control your Workers Compensation premiums. FarmersCare®
Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
The foundation of FarmersCare® is an extensive network of industrial clinics, physician specialists and hospitals committed to giving excellent treatment as well as managing costs.
Our nurses, under the supervision of medical doctors, review treatment plans using the latest in computerized medical guidelines. They also verify the necessity of hospital admissions and lengths of stay.
Early Return-to-Work Programs
Early return-to-work is a major factor in cost savings. Bringing employees back to work as soon as medically feasible saves substantial sums in temporary disability payments and retraining costs.
We review every bill to check pricing, appropriateness of the treatment and the billing overlap. This saves millions of dollars each year in unnecessary charges.
Back to Top
Loss Control Services
Our loss control professionals can assist you in potentially reducing the frequency and cost of injuries. We also offer posters, videos, and brochures to reinforce Workers Compensation safety programs, raise employee awareness, and meet legal requirements.
- Our claims representatives are trained to identify and react when they see "red flags", which indicate a claim needs further investigation.
- We'll review your individual classifications and operations to make sure payroll, sales, and other variables are correctly classified and you are charged the correct premium.
Back to Top
Premium Audit Service
- Our auditors will help you understand premium classifications as well as help forecast future premium costs. They also assist in making sure your premium is calculated at the correct rate.
- Specialized claims representatives handle only Workers Compensation claims. They review medical expenses, initiate early return-to-work programs, facilitate rehabilitations and manage legal costs.
Same-Day 4-Point Contact
- On the day the claim is received, our claims representatives are committed to achieving same-day contact with the employee, employer, medical provider, and agent. This insures that benefits begin as soon as possible and that questionable claims are investigated early in the process.
This information is a brief summary of services. Availability may vary by state. For details, please contact your local Farmers agent
Back to Top