of dollars of damage, yet most Homeowners policies
don't cover flooding. Learn the facts and find out how
your Farmers agent can help you protect your home
or business from flood damage.
More Information on Flood Insurance
It’s easy to think of floods as the result of storms or natural disasters, but it’s just as common for a burst sprinkler, parts failure, melting snow, or inadequate drainage to cause flood damage that standard Home insurance doesn’t cover.
What is Flood insurance?
Flood insurance from Farmers covers your home or business from water and flood damage for up to $250,000 of the structure itself.
Contents are not automatically included with Flood insurance, so depending on your assets, it may make sense to add Contents coverage to protect valuable items. Up to $100,000 of Contents coverage is available to both homeowners and renters.
How Much Coverage Do I Need?
Coverage specifics vary depending on where you live – coastal, low-lying, or other flood-prone areas, for example, can impact how you choose your Flood insurance.
Contact a Farmers agent to help you determine the amount of coverage to protect your home. Your agent can also help you decide whether it makes sense to include Contents coverage with your Flood damage insurance.
Fast Facts About Flood Insurance
- There is usually a 30-day waiting period before Flood insurance coverage goes into effect. Plan ahead so you're not caught without Flood insurance when a flood threatens your home or business.
- Flood damage is not covered by your Homeowners insurance policy.
- Contents coverage is available separately, so both renters and homeowners can opt for up to $100,000 of Contents coverage with their Flood insurance.
- Up to a total of $1 million of Flood insurance coverage is available for non-residential buildings and contents.
- Federal disaster assistance is only available if the President declares a disaster emergency. Flood insurance will help you and your home get back to normal as quickly as possible after a flood.
Floods are damaging enough without the added concern of financing the restoration that comes with them. Get started finding the Flood insurance that fits your home or business with an online quote today.
Contact a Farmers agent in your area for more information about Flood insurance.
This brief summary is not a policy document. Please read the actual policy documents for your state for important details on coverages, exclusions, limits, conditions and terms. If there is any conflict between this summary and the policy documents, the policy documents will control. Not all products and discounts are available in every state.