More information on Flood insurance
The fact is many are at risk for floods. You don't need to live near water to be flooded. Floods are caused by storms, melting snow, hurricanes, and water backup due to inadequate or overloaded drainage systems.
- Flood damage is not covered by homeowner's policies - You can protect your home, business, and belongings with flood insurance from Farmers -- up to $250,000 for the building and $100,000 for contents (amounts may vary. Contact your Farmers agent for details).
- Contents coverage is separate, so renters can get flood insurance - Up to $100,000 contents coverage is available for homeowners and renters. Contents are not automatically included with the building coverage.
- Up to a total of $1 million of flood insurance coverage is available for non-residential buildings and contents.
- There is usually a 30-day waiting period before the coverage goes into effect - Plan ahead so you're not caught without flood insurance when a flood threatens your home or business.
- Federal disaster assistance is not the answer - Federal disaster assistance is only available if the President declares a disaster. Flood insurance pays even if a disaster is not declared.
Contact a Farmers agent in your area for more information about Flood insurance.