header line

As the owner of a retail or service business, one of the most important things you can do to protect your investment is to choose an insurance program that is specifically designed for your industry.

Your insurance needs may change over time as your business grows, but it's important to start out with coverages designed for your industry. You may also need to cover your employees in the event of an accident on the job.

Farmers can provide you with one-stop, comprehensive insurance coverage that is available for you to purchase for you to meet your insurance needs. Our highly dedicated, top-tier Claims professionals are there to help you get back where you belong. Let our Loss Control professionals work with you to help you prevent potential losses in your business. To learn about our comprehensive protection or to benefit from our world class Claims and Loss Control professionals, please contact your Farmers agent.

Retail/Service Coverages

Here are some of the coverage options that are available to you to help you with your insurance needs:

Property and Inland Marine

  • Buildings at Replacement Costs or Actual Cash Values
  • Automatic Increase in Building Amount (inflation guard)
  • Contents at Replacement Costs or Actual Cash Values
  • Automatic Increase of the contents for seasonal fluctuation
  • Loss of income & extra expense on an actual loss sustained basis for 12 months or other extended period
  • Loss of income & extra expense from power interruption
  • Loss in value of undamaged building portion, demolition or increased construction cost to meet ordinance or law requirement
  • Comprehensive equipment breakdown coverage
  • Coverage extension to newly acquired buildings and contents
  • Fire department service charge and extinguisher recharge cost
  • Debris removal & pollutant clean up cost
  • Back up of sewers or drains
  • Accounts Receivables and Valuable Papers coverage
  • Computer equipment including Media & Records
  • Earthquake or earthquake sprinkler leakage
  • Transportation (Transit) Coverage
  • Spoilage Coverage
  • Bailee Coverage


  • Employee Dishonesty
  • Forgery & Alteration
  • Money & Securities - both inside and outside of the premises
  • Money Orders & Counterfeit Currency


Back to Top

General and Other Liability

  • Operations and Premise liability including parking lot liability
  • Personal and Advertising injury liability
  • Products and Completed Operations liability
  • Contractual and Owners Protective liability
  • Hired and Non-owned automobile liability
  • Employee Benefits Liability
  • Liquor legal liability

Automobile Liability

Workers Compensation and Employers Liability

Back to Top

Ready to speak with an agent?
Find a Farmers agent near you »