Farmers offers flexible business insurance options to cover the many different areas where your business might need coverage. Tell us more about the specific nuances of your business and let a Farmers agent help you tailor coverage solutions best suited to your needs.
You’ve achieved your goal of owning your own business. But as you know, the boundless opportunities of ownership come with plenty of risk. When you’re confident that you have taken the steps to safeguard your business’s people, property and revenue from the unexpected, you can focus on what’s most important—running your business.
Rated by AM Best, Standard and Poor’s and Moody’s as one of the top tier insurers, Farmers helps you protect the investments you’ve made so you can focus on how to keep your business on the road to long-term success. Having helped and been trusted by millions of customers for more than eight decades, Farmers has the financial security, knowledge and resources to help you meet your insurance needs. We have industry-based solutions that our local agents can help you to tailor to fit your business.
Your Business Insurance Options Explained
While your day-to-day operations may be complex; understanding business insurance doesn’t have to be. Our customized Farmers
Business Owners Package helps you protect your business, covering elements such as: tools and equipment breakdown, and employee injuries onsite. Obtaining the type and amount of insurance that you want for your
business will help you fill gaps in coverage where you need it most.
At a minimum, you should consider the following coverage:
- Business Property Insurance for the repair or replacement of damaged physical assets such as valuable tools and equipment when disasters such as fire, windstorms or vandalism strike.
- Business Liability Insurance for financial losses resulting from claims of injury or property damage caused by you, your employees, or products and services you provide.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance for your employees’ medical needs in case of a work-related accident, injury or disease, and to make a quick return to work possible. This also minimizes the risk of lawsuits by employees.
- Business Auto Insurance for losses due to injuries to other drivers, passengers and pedestrians caused by you and your employees.
- Business Crime Insurance that can provide your business with protection from wrongdoing like forgery, theft or robbery by a third party.
- Life Insurance for Business Owners that can help you survive the loss of a key employee or partner, plan for business succession, as well as retain and reward your top people.
- Retirement Benefits for Business Owners that can help you secure your financial future and that of your employees.
- Umbrella Coverage that can help you protect your business from a potentially ruinous lawsuit with additional liability coverage.
Additional insurance features you should consider adding on to your business include:
If You’re Already Covered
You’ve made a sound choice to protect your
business and employees with business insurance. However, your
business has specific needs which may change over time. Reviewing your policy year after year helps you to understand whether your current coverage continues to meet your changing needs. When in doubt, contact a Farmers agent
for help. Farmers also offers lines of insurance for many aspects of your life, both professional and personal. Ask your agent about auto
, recreational vehicle
coverage that can complement your business insurance policy.