Claims for your auto, home, business or boat should be reported to your agent or call HelpPoint Claim Services (1-800-435-7764; en Español 1-877-732-5266; or 1-888-891-1660 TTY for the hearing impaired) as soon as possible. Try to gather the following information:
- The names of all persons involved, including witnesses and their addresses and phone numbers
- The circumstances of the incident giving rise to the claim
- The name of the insurance company (and agent if available) for anyone else involved in the incident giving rise to the claim
Farmers customers may choose their own service providers; however, your Farmers agent may, with your consent, refer you to a pre-approved repair facility, an expedited glass replacement company, or even arrange for towing or a rental car for you while your car is being repaired (depending on your coverages).
Even though you never plan on having a claim, there are a few steps you can take in advance that will assist in the resolution of the claim.
- Keep receipts/records for major household items, electronics, vehicles and any unusual items.
- Establish an inventory of your possessions and update the inventory annually.
- If possible, videotape possessions or take photos with written documentation and keep in a secure place.
- Be prepared to provide copies of all documents for the claims representative.