On January 1, 2009, Farmers is launching Total Rewards. This is a total package that recognizes performance, contributes to your future financial security and offers valuable flexibility for our employees.
Here's a quick look at the major benefits available to employees of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies®
- Retirement Plans: 401(k)Savings Plan (6% dollar for dollar company match). Cash Balance Program (100% employer funded).
Short Term Incentive Plan (STIP): Opportunity for employees to earn additional money based on Farmers’ and individual performance (5% to 25% of base pay).
- Medical Coverage: Two High Deductible Health Plans: Farmers will contribute $500 (employee only coverage) or $1,000 (employee with dependent coverage) into your Health Savings Account (HSA) if you make a minimum annual contribution. One PPO.
- Wellness Program: Opportunity for employees to earn up to $200 for participating in certain wellness programs and completing an online health assessment.
- Dental: Dental Plan provides diagnostic, preventative and other dental services.
- Vision: Vision plan provides eye examinations, eye glasses and contact lenses.
- Tax-Advantaged Accounts: Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Account - reimburses you for health care and dependent care expenses with tax free dollars.
- Life Insurance: 1x your base pay, up to $500,000 company paid. Option to purchase up to 6x your base pay to a max of $3 million also available.
- Dependent Life Insurance: Spouse Life Insurance up to $100,000. Child Life Insurance up to $10,000.
- Accident (AD&D) Insurance: Option to purchase up to 6x your base pay (to $1.5 million).
- Business Travel Accident Insurance: 3 x your base pay, up to $500,000 company paid.
- EAP: Employee Assistance Program provides counseling sessions and a 24-hour hotline to help you manage work and personal life.
- Paid Time Off: A pool of days that are accrued on a monthly basis to use for any reason, including, vacation, personal time, family illness and occasional sick days.
- Short-Term Disability: Company paid income replacement if you are on an extended medical absence up to 25 weeks.
- Long-Term Disability: Employer-funded plan that provides a monthly benefit equal to 60% of salary to employees who are unable to work due total disability for more than 26 consecutive weeks.
In addition to these benefits, the companies also provide employees with holidays, tuition aid, Credit Union services, and much more.
When you become a Farmers employee, you're not just taking a job: you're embarking on a career…one in which lifelong learning plays a crucial role.
Farmers employees regularly participate in activities strengthening their professional and on-the-job skills and boosting their leadership potential.
Professional certification - a requirement for both tenure and advancement for many careers at Farmers - ensures career progress based on knowledge and performance.
Every employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education - and a select few are recognized each year for their achievements with a Farmers Continuing Education Award.