What to Look For in a Travel Trailer Insurance Policy
Travel Trailer insurance coverage
Whether you're just starting out with a brief trip, or a veteran full-timer taking all the amenities of home with you, you still want to know that you have comprehensive Travel Trailer insurance coverage in case something happens.
Our policies provide important standard and optional coverages not available in conventional auto policies, or in the stripped down RV policies offered by other companies. A Farmers travel trailer insurance policy can give you the coverage you want at a price that fits your budget.
Coverage included with your policy
Here are some of the travel trailer coverages we offer that aren't included in a typical auto policy:
- Comprehensive Coverage for protection from just about any direct, sudden, and accidental loss, including: collision, fire, smoke, flood, landslide, hail, windstorm, animals, vandalism, low branches or overhangs, theft and lightning.
- Coverage for Attached Accessories, including awnings, satellite dishes and TV antennas.
Farmers offers optional coverage that lets you customize your policy. These are a few popular options:
- Total Loss Replacement Coverage protects your travel trailer from the effects of depreciation. If your new-model travel trailer is destroyed within its first five model years, we'll pay to replace it with a brand new one of similar kind and quality - no matter what it costs.
- Emergency Expenses Coverage pays for lodging or travel home if your rig is damaged or destroyed by a covered loss more than 50 miles from home.
- Campsite/Vacation Liability Coverage when you are parked and using your travel trailer as a residence.
- Replacement Cost Coverage on destroyed or stolen personal belongings.
- TraveLine® Towing and Roadside Assistance eliminates the hassle of buying a separate towing plan. Towing, jump starts, roadside service, flat tire changes, fuel delivery, and locksmith services are just a toll-free phone call away. There are no out-of-pocket payments required, either. Just sign and drive. What's more, your travel trailer - and your tow vehicle - are covered, regardless of who is driving!
- Full-Timer Coverage provides liability protection very similar to a homeowners policy. While an auto policy will only provide liability protection when you are on the road, a Farmers Full-Timer policy covers you when you are parked and using your rig as a residence, too.
- Stationary Travel Trailer Program gives you extensive comprehensive and contents coverage if you use your travel trailer as a seasonal or permanent residence. This includes liability coverage that covers liability, medical payments to others, and property damage claims caused by an accident for which you are held liable. This program provides you with additional protection since your auto or homeowners policies may not extend coverage to you.
Policy discounts vary by state and chances are one or more will apply to your policy. Contact a Farmers agent today for a Travel Trailer insurance quote and to see what specific discounts are available in your area.
This brief summary is not a policy document. Please read the actual policy documents for your state for important details on coverages, exclusions, limits, conditions and terms. If there is any conflict between this summary and the policy documents, the policy documents will control. Not all products and discounts are available in every state.