Mobile Claims Centers and Staff Nearby to Help Customers Following Harvey's Landfall
Woodland Hills, CA (August 24, 2017) – As Harvey gears up for landfall in Texas and continues to gain strength, Farmers Insurance® has deployed two Mobile Claims Centers (MCCs) and trained catastrophe response adjusters prepared to move into the damaged areas as soon as Harvey moves through.
Farmers® urges customers in or around the path of Harvey to listen closely to the National Weather Service as well as local authorities in their area and follow the advice provided.
Farmers will post the locations of the MCCs on www.Farmers.com/catastrophe and on its social media channels.
Farmers has a number of tips to help customers prepare for the next few days:
- Don't wait – evacuate: If instructed to or considering evacuation, act quickly. Flooding is likely during a hurricane and potential evacuation routes could be affected.
- Unplug: Unplug devices and appliances like T.V.'s, computers, microwaves and stoves. Widespread power outages are possible and can last weeks. As the storm passes, power surges could cause serious damage to your electronics.
- Try to save the food: Keep the refrigerator plugged in and on the lowest temperature setting possible to help prevent food loss if there is a power outage. If evacuating, it's a good idea to take everything out and move it to the evacuation location.
- Utilities: If ordered to do so, or planning to evacuate, turn off the utilities (water, gas and electric). If the utilities are off and customers are evacuating it's prudent to leave a note in a sealed plastic bag taped to the front door letting emergency services know that the utilities are off.
- Don't go outside: Stay indoors, away from windows and glass doors while the storm passes. Close all internal doors and lock external doors. According to IBHS (Institute for Business and Home Safety), during the height of the storm seek shelter in an interior room, closet or hallway on the lowest level of the home. If in a high-rise, seek shelter below the 10th floor of the building.
Farmers customers in the area who have damage from the storms can call their agent or the 24-hour claims center for assistance.
- Farmers Claims Contact Center number: 1-800-435-7764.
- Foremost and 21st Century customers can also use the 1-800-435-7764 number for immediate assistance.
- Bristol West customers can call 1-800-274-7865 for immediate assistance.
- Spanish-language claims assistance is available to Farmers customers by calling: 877-RECLAMO (877-732-5266).
About Farmers Insurance
"Farmers Insurance®" and "Farmers®" are tradenames for a group of affiliated insurers providing insurance for automobiles, homes and small businesses and a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. Farmers Insurance is proud to serve more than 10 million households with over 19 million individual policies, across all 50 states, through the efforts of more than 48,000 exclusive and independent agents and approximately 21,000 employees. Farmers Insurance Exchange®, the largest of the three primary insurance insurers that make up Farmers Insurance, is recognized as one of the largest U.S. companies on the 2017 Fortune 500 list.
For more information about Farmers Insurance, visit Farmers.com, Twitter and Instagram, @WeAreFarmers, or Facebook.com/FarmersInsurance.