Following storms with large hail that moved through the west side of Denver and the surrounding areas on May 8, Farmers Insurance® has deployed catastrophe response claims representatives, other personnel, and resources to assist customers.
DENVER, CO (May 9, 2017) — Following storms with large hail that moved through the west side of Denver and the surrounding areas on May 8, Farmers Insurance® has deployed catastrophe response claims representatives, other personnel, and resources to assist customers. Affected customers can file a claim by calling their agent, online at https://www.farmers.com/claims/, using the Farmers® app through their smartphone or tablet, or by calling the 24-hour claims center:
- Farmers Claims Contact Center number: 1-800-435-7764.
- Foremost customers can also use the 1-800-435-7764 number for assistance.
- Bristol West customers can call 1-800-274-7865 for assistance.
- Spanish-language claims assistance is available to Farmers customers by calling: 877-RECLAMO (877-732-5266).
According to the Spring 2017 Seasonal Smarts Digest, which uses actual Farmers® claims data to highlight spring's common dangers and provides suggestions to reduce drivers' and homeowners' risks, Colorado is one of several states in the Midwest Region prone to experience hail-related home and auto claims between March and May.
Immediately following a storm, Farmers Insurance recommends the following actions when safe:
- Walk around the home inside and out to identify potential damage
- Take photographs of any damage noted to the property
- Make emergency repairs or temporary emergency repairs as needed to prevent further damage, if you are unable to do so yourself, you may want to consider hiring a professional
- Do not forget to check your landscaping
- Talk to your Farmers agent if you have questions regarding damage and the claims process
More information about safety and preparedness for homeowners and motorists across the country can be found at https://www.farmers.com/news/seasonal-smarts/.
“Farmers Insurance®” and “Farmers®” are tradenames for a group of affiliated insurers providing insurance for automobiles, homes and small businesses and a wide range of other insurance and financial services and products. Farmers Insurance is proud to serve more than 10 million households with over 19 million individual policies nationally, through the efforts of more than 48,000 exclusive and independent agents and approximately 21,000 employees. Farmers Insurance Exchange®, the largest of the three primary insurers that make up Farmers Insurance, is recognized as one of the largest U.S. companies on the 2016 Fortune 500 list.
For more information about Farmers Insurance, visit Farmers.com, Twitter and Instagram, @WeAreFarmers, or Facebook.com/FarmersInsurance.