You will find that Farmers is continually evaluating and updating the resources and business tools available to employees. The following are just some of the resources that may be useful to you as a new hire.
To help you make sure you’re seeing the most important company information when you start your day, you’ll see the Farmers Today website when you first access the Internet. This is an internal website for all Farmers employee. The website’s navigation menu includes links to:
- Company and business unit information
- Benefits and timekeeping
- Manuals and handbooks
- Company directories
GEMS (Group Employee Management System)
GEMS is our company-wide human resources system that provides employees with the following on-line tools and resources under the Employee Self-Service tab:
- My Employee Data – a tool that allows you to set-up your direct deposit, indicate your tax withholdings, and make changes to your work and personal contact information.
- Global Employee Performance Management System (GPMS) – the database where performance objectives and results are recorded and stored.
- Global employee learning system (GLMS) – also called the University of Farmers On-line, which contains thousands of on-line courses available to employees.
- Company policies and benefits information.
- Benefits enrollment - new employee enroll within 30 days of employment and annual enrollment each November.
- View your specific job and benefits information.
Upon receipt of your GEMS log-on information, you can log into GEMS from Farmers Today under the HR Connections tab. You will receive either an email at your work email address, or your supervisor will provide you, with your user name and password to access the GEMS system. We encourage you to become familiar with this system right away.
Our medical plan provider, United Health Care (UHC) has a website which includes information about the medical plans, a provider directory and an online tool that can help you determine the best medical plan option for you and your family based on your estimated out-of-pocket costs (contributions and expenses) for each option by comparing plan costs and features.
To log in to the website, go to myuhc.com and enter “farmersins” as both the username and password.
HR Service Center (HRSC)
If you can’t find your answers online, turn to the HR Service Center at (888) 599-3636 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The HR Service Center is available from Mon-Fri 7A-6P CT.