- The Service is owned and controlled by Driveway Software, a Delaware corporation ("Driveway”).
- Driveway and Farmers Group, Inc., on behalf of itself, Farmers Insurance Exchange and the affiliates of Farmers Insurance Exchange which collectively comprise the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies (“Farmers”), have entered into an agreement pursuant to which Driveway, on behalf of Farmers, will collect and process data obtained in connection with and generated from your use of the Service (“Signal Data”).
- All Signal Data is and shall continue to be the property of Farmers and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any Signal Data is prohibited. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any Signal Data by or through your use of the Services.
- All content on the Service, with the exception of Signal Data (the “Content”) is and shall continue to be the property of Driveway and is protected under applicable copyright, patent, trademark, and other proprietary rights. Any copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any Content is prohibited. Under no circumstances will you acquire any ownership rights or other interest in any Content by or through your use of the Services.
- Driveway, and Driveway wordmark are the intellectual property of Driveway. "Farmers®," "Farmers InsuranceGroup®," "Farmers Insurance Group of Companies®, the sunrise and shield logo, " "Farmers InsuranceSM," "Farmers Insurance Exchange®," and “SignalSM” are some of the principal service marks used by Farmers. Farmers also claims service mark, or trademark rights, in a number of related marks as noted by the use of the symbols "®," "SM," or"TM." Nothing contained in the Signal program services or application should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed in connection with the Services without the prior written permission of Farmers. Unauthorized use of any Farmers trademarks, service marks or logos is strictly prohibited and may be a violation of federal and state trademark laws. Other products, services and company names mentioned on the Service are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- You are granted a limited, revocable, nonexclusive license to use the Service solely for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works, or other use. You agree to refrain from copying the Content or Signal Data, reverse engineering or breaking the Service, or using the Signal Data, Content or the Service in violation of any law. Availability and use of the Service is at the discretion of Drivewayand/or Farmers. Such availability or use may be terminated by Driveway or Farmers in their sole discretion, at any time, with or without prior notice. To the extent you access the Service through a mobile device, your wireless service carrier’s standard charges, data rates and other fees may apply. You may terminate your use of the Service at any time by ceasing your use of the Service.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding your use of the Service. You further agree and represent thatinformation you provide in connection with the Service is your own information and is truthful and accurate to the best of your knowledge, including all driving monitoring information collected by the Service.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Driveway and Farmers, their respective partners, employees, affiliates andassigns harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to your useof the Service.
- THE INFORMATION IN THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, ‘WITH ALL FAULTS’ AND “AS AVAILABLE”BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. DRIVEWAY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OFANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES, STATUTORY WARRANTIES, AND ANYIMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.SOME JURISDICTIONS RESTRICT WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY OR MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE SHALL BE TO DISCONTINUE USINGTHE SERVICE.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL DRIVEWAY, FARMERS, THEIR RESPECTIVE PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATESAND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDINGDAMAGES FROM LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOST PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OROTHER DAMAGES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO ANY OF THESERVICE, EVEN IF DRIVEWAY OR FARMERS IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLEREMEDY SHALL BE TO CEASE ALL USE OF THE SERVICE AND REMOVE THE SIGNAL APPLICATION FROM YOURMOBILE DEVICE.
- You should also be aware that Farmers may at times permit partners and affiliates to offer additional services viasubscription or registration through the Service. Such services may include, but are not limited to car valuation, repairreminders and crash notification.
- Farmers reserves the right to contact you regarding account status, changes to the subscriber agreement and othermatters relevant to the Service or the information collected. By using the Service, you agree that Farmers andDriveway may communicate with you by SMS, MMS, text message or other electronic means to your mobile devicefor the purpose of providing the Service. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, youagree to promptly notify Farmers at 1-800-709-7821 to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person that acquires your old number. In the event that you fail to comply with the obligation to promptly notify Farmers when changing or deactivating your mobile telephone number, you accept full responsibility for any of your messageswhich may not be delivered or may be sent to the person that acquires your old number.
- At no time will Driveway or Farmers require you to provide or transmit your password information to Driveway viaemail or text. Before responding to any requests for Signal program passwords or access codes, contact Farmersdirectly to confirm this inquiry is valid.
- Driveway has adopted generally acceptable security measures to protect your personal information against loss,misuse and alteration when such information is within Driveway’s control. Despite these measures, no datatransmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Driveway will use commercially reasonablemeasures to protect your information but does not warrant that the information transmitted to or by Driveway will besecure at all times. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your password and login information and accessto information contained on your phone in the Signal program phone applications.Note: Emails, instant messages, and similar types of communication with other Service users are not encrypted andtherefore Driveway and Farmers strongly advises against communicating any confidential or personal informationthrough these methods.
- This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legalrights in or on behalf of any user, and your use of any of the Service operates as full consent by each user to collection and use of user's personal information within the guidelines and limitations outlined herein.
Effective as of December 4, 2018.
The Service is operated by Driveway Software Corporation, a Delaware corporation, and its affiliates ("Driveway"). Driveway respects the privacy of visitors and users of the Service. It does not sell, share or rent information collected via your use or access of the Service except as stated in this policy. Driveway uses reasonable precautions to secure your personal information disclosed in connection with your use of the Service.
Driveway and Farmers Group, Inc., on behalf of itself, Farmers Insurance Exchange and the affiliates of Farmers Insurance Exchange which collectively comprise the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies (“Farmers”), have entered into an agreement pursuant to which Driveway, on behalf of Farmers, will collect and process data obtained in connection with and generated from your use of the Service (“Signal Data”, as such term is more fully defined below.)
When you elect to use the Service, you agree to provide Driveway with information about yourself. Driveway collects and uses this information to permit you to benefit from the information and feedback about your driving, receive financial and other benefits offered by Farmers and its respective partners, and to improve the Service. Some or all of your non-personally identifiable information will be used by Driveway, Farmers and their respective partners.
Information Collected Through the Service
How Driveway and Farmers Use Personally Identifiable and Other Information
In connection with your registration for and use of the Service, you submit certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) to Driveway and/or Farmers. PII may include, but is not limited to, your name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, age, date of birth, interests, employment history and occupation.
The Service collects information primarily related to your driving and activities during driving (“Driving Data”). The Service collects Driving Data that begins when motion is detected over a certain distance and data collection stops when motion is no longer detected for a specified amount of time. Location services (and tracking) and motion tracking must be enabled in the Signal application and on your mobile device in order to collect Driving Data and to participate in the Signal program. Examples of information collected by the Service: trip start and end times and days, mileage, routes and the occurrence of fast accelerations, hard stops, rapid cornering, speeding, mobile device information, non-driving trip information, phone interaction during trips, and potential auto crashes. Informationrelated to Driving Data for all household members participating in the Signal program will be displayed in each household member’s Signal application.
Driveway and Farmers may use PII and Driving Data (collectively, “Signal Data”) to provide the Service to you, or to do any of the following:
- respond to specific inquiries made by you;
- resolve any disputes;
- prevent illegal or fraudulent activities;
- comply with law, a governmental or judicial order;
- improve the Service;
- provide Service-related communications to you;
- protect the safety, security or property of you or other users;
- protect the security and integrity of the Driveway systems and those of its partners and affiliates;
- display and demonstrate Service capabilities for companies testing the Service
- to assist in the rating or underwriting of your Farmers policy; (For Montana residents, data will not be used to non-renew, or to increase premiums except when the discount is removed which may result in a premium increase.)
Information collected via the Service may be transferred to a third party because of a sale or acquisition, or merger or any other asset transfer transaction involving Driveway, Farmers or one of their respective subsidiaries, partners or affiliates.
Driveway and Farmers may use anonymized data collected through the Service for various purposes, including but not limited to creation of new features and products, to perform research or make investigations, or to other purposes.
Driveway and Farmers anonymize and aggregate the data collected across many users and may share this aggregated data with their respective affiliates, business partners, and users. The aggregated data does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe Driveway or the Signal program to current and prospective business partners and to third parties for other lawful purposes. Examples of anonymized and aggregate data include the average trips per week of our users, and the average monthly mile driven of our users.
Driveway and Farmers reserve the right to perform, or have performed by third parties, statistical and other analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various pages, or functional, graphical or informational frames or areas of any of the Service, and to inform affiliates and partners of such analyses as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their links, Service or advertisements.
Driveway and/or Farmers will provide anonymized data collected through the Service for these analyses to third parties.
You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose PII in shared areas of the Service such as user profiles, comments sections, feedback, photos or chat areas of the Service, such information and any substantive information disclosed in the communication can be collected, correlated and used by others who have access to this information within the Service. Any consequence of providing such PII on the shared sections of the Service are beyond the control of Driveway or Farmers, and Driveway and Farmers are not liable for any harm to you by misuse of such information by other parties.
Links to Third Party Products
User Ability to Opt-Out
If promotional messaging is integrated into the Service, you have the opportunity to indicate whether you would like to opt-out of receiving promotional and marketing information about other products. If either Driveway or Farmers sends any electronic communication to you via your mobile carrier service, you understand that you shall be liable for any fees associated with any such communication, including text messaging charges for messages to your mobile device. If you have any concerns about Driveway and/or Farmers communications from the Service, you should not use or immediately cease using the Service and remove the application from your mobile phone.
Additionally, upon request, Driveway and Farmers will use reasonable efforts to allow users to update personal information previously submitted which the user states is erroneous to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests.
Driveway has adopted generally acceptable security measures to protect your personal information against loss, misuse and alteration when such information is within Driveway’s control. Despite these measures, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Driveway will use commercially reasonable measures to protect your information but does not warrant that the information transmitted to or by Driveway will be secure at all times. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your password and login information and access to information contained on your phone in the Signal phone applications.
Note: Emails, instant messages, and similar types of communication with other Service users are not encrypted and therefore Driveway and Farmers strongly advise against communicating any confidential or personal information through these methods.
At no time will Driveway or Farmers require you to provide or transmit your password information to Driveway or Farmers via email or text. Before responding to any requests for Driveway passwords or access codes, contact Farmers directly to confirm this inquiry is valid.
This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any user, and your use of any of the Service operates as full consent by each user to collection and use of user's personal information within the guidelines and limitations outlined herein.