Whether you’re reporting a simple fender bender or a catastrophic house fire, a dog bite or on-the-job injury, Farmers® follows the same basic five-step process to see every claim through from start to finish.
Here's what we do:
- Claim assignment:
When the Claim Department handles your claim, it will be assigned to a claims professional. Depending on the complexity of your claim, you may work with a team of claims representatives, each of whom has experience handling a particular aspect of your claim.
- Initial contact
A claims professional will contact you to:
• Gather facts surrounding your loss
• Review your coverage
• Explain how your claim will be handled
• Schedule an in-person appointment if one is needed
• Identify ways to protect your property from further damage
- Estimate and evaluation
Your claims professional will then:
• Determine whether the loss is covered
• Inspect and document damage
• Interview witnesses or other involved individuals
• Take photos and samples (if needed)
• Evaluate your claim
We’ll work with you to resolve your claim fairly either by:
• Paying what you’re owed
• Or explaining why there would be no payment on your claim
- Close the claim
Once we’ve resolved your claim under the terms of your policy, we close the claim. If you discover additional expenses, we will re-open your claim to investigate.
Some claims are more complex than others. Regardless, Farmers® claims professionals are committed to do whatever it takes to resolve your claim. That’s our commitment to our policyholders.
Back to Top