Report or Check Status of a Claim
Causes of Water Damage
Saving parts after a loss could mean money in your pocket.
If water damage strikes your home, defective parts or a faulty installation or repairs could be the cause. If so, Claim Services will work to hold any negligent parties responsible. Successful recovery from the negligent party may result in a refund of a portion or all of your deductible.
Be sure to save the parts as well as product manuals, purchase receipts and any applicable repair/installation invoices for your Claims representative.
Defective items could include (but are not limited to):
- Washing machines
- Water heaters
- Toilet valve assemblies
- Ice maker lines
- Water supply lines for plumbing or appliances.
Note: This scenario is only an example and is not a promise to pay. All claims are handled based on the facts of the loss, the applicable policy language and applicable state law. All factors are taken into consideration prior to payments being issued.
Water Damage Restoration
ServiceMaster Restore®, a Farmers' Emergency Mitigation Referral Program (EMRP) vendor has been a leader in the cleaning and disaster restoration business, with a certified response network of more than 600 locations.
ServiceMaster Restore provides:
- 24/7 service, 365 days a year.
- 1-hour contact upon receipt of emergency referral and 4-hour on-site arrival unless requested otherwise.
- Licensed and trained professionals who adhere to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) recommended water mitigation guidelines, processes and procedures for cost effective drying of water damage.
- When feasible, the use of non-destructive drying techniques instead of tearing out interior building materials which saves customers the inconvenience of having to leave their homes.
- Determine the most effective plan for returning your property to normal as quickly as possible.
Servicemaster Restore is not affiliated with the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies.