Report or Check Status of a Claim
Causes of Fire or Water Damage
Saving parts after a loss could mean money in your pocket.
If fire or water damage strikes your home, defective parts or a faulty installation or repairs could be the cause. If so, Claim Services will work to hold any negligent parties responsible. Successful recovery from the negligent party may result in a refund of a portion or all of your deductible.
Be sure to save the parts as well as product manuals, purchase receipts and any applicable repair/installation invoices for your Claims representative.
Defective items could include (but are not limited to):
- Washing machines
- Water heaters
- Toilet valve assemblies
- Ice maker lines
- Water supply lines for plumbing or appliances.
Note: This scenario is only an example and is not a promise to pay. All claims are handled based on the facts of the loss, the applicable policy language and applicable state law. All factors are taken into consideration prior to payments being issued.
Water or Fire Damage Restoration
ServiceMaster Clean®, a Farmers' Emergency Mitigation Referral Program (EMRP) vendor has been a leader in the cleaning and disaster restoration business, with a certified response network of more than 600 locations.
ServiceMaster Clean® provides:
- 24/7 service, 365 days of the year
- Water damage restoration service, including drying and dehumidifying (certified in Applied Structural Drying)
- Fire and smoke restoration service
- Emergency mitigation and property restoration professionals
- Industry-leading service in restoration procedures and technology
- Consistent communication with customers, agents and adjusters
Servicemaster Clean is not affiliated with the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies.