CAUSES OF WATER DAMAGE
Saving parts after a loss could mean money in your pocket.
If water damage to your home is caused by defective parts, or faulty installations or repairs, we will hold any negligent parties responsible. Successful recovery from a negligent party may result in a refund of a portion or all of your deductible.
For this reason, be sure to save parts, product manuals, purchase receipts and any applicable repair/installation invoices for your claim representative. Ask repair technicians to provide you with any defective pipes or other parts that were replaced, and provide them to your Farmers claims representative for use in claiming reimbursement from a negligent party.
Defective items could include (but aren’t limited to):
- Washing machines
- Water heaters
- Toilet valve assemblies
- Icemaker lines
- Water supply lines for plumbing or appliances
Note: This scenario is only an example and not a promise to pay. All claims are handled based on the facts of the loss, the applicable policy language and applicable state law. All factors are taken into consideration prior to payments being issued.
WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION
Farmers' Emergency Mitigation Referral Program (EMRP) works with vendors certified in the cleaning and disaster restoration business. We work with several networks and will refer a vendor to you on claims that qualify.
Farmers’ Emergency Mitigation Referral Program vendors provide:
- 24/7 service, 365 days a year.
- One-hour contact upon receipt of emergency referral and 4-hour on-site arrival unless requested otherwise.
- Licensed and trained professionals who adhere to the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) recommended water mitigation guidelines, processes and procedures for cost-effective drying of water damage.
- When feasible, the use of non-destructive drying techniques instead of tearing out interior building materials which saves customers the inconvenience of having to leave their homes.
- Determine the most effective plan for returning your property to normal as quickly as possible.
Farmers’ Emergency Mitigation Referral Program vendors are not affiliated with the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies.