All Over the Old Dominion, Farmers Discounts Save Virginians More
Auto Insurance Discounts
Discounts for the Family
- Bundle Discounts - Bundle your Farmers Auto policy with any of the following Farmers products, and get quality coverage for all your important investments, while saving with deep multi-line discounts:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, Boat, Motor Home, ATV, etc.)
- Business and Professional Group - Employees or retirees from approved businesses and professional groups may be eligible for additional Farmers discounts. Contact us to see if you qualify.
- Distant Student - Students, 23 and under, who go to school at least 100 miles away from home and don’t have regular access to the car, can save on their insurance with this discount.
- Multi-Car - Cover more than one vehicle on your Farmers Auto policy to earn this rate discount.
- Teen Driver - Save when you add your teen child or grandchild to your policy. To qualify, your policy must be in effect for at least 2 years.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Alternative Fuel - Virginians who drive hybrid, electric, or other alternative fuel cars are welcomed to Farmers unique alternative fuel discount.
- Early Shopping - Get an auto quote at least 7 days before the policy goes into effect, and you’ll save with this extra discount.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Enroll in automatic electronic payments, and earn a premium discount.
- Pay in Full - Pay off your entire term premium in one lump sum, and we’ll reduce your rates.
- Good Student - Keep your grades up, and Virginian students can save on their auto insurance. Discount applies to:
- High school student with at least a "B" average
- College student with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll student
- Student ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
- Mature Driver - Virginia drivers 55 and older can lower their auto insurance premiums by completing a state-approved Safe Driver Program. If you’ve finished a course like this in the past 3 years, please let us know!
Homeowner Insurance Discounts
Discounts for the Household
- Affinity - Farmers likes to team up with businesses across America. To celebrate some of our community accomplishments as a team, we give discounts to certain occupational groups, even if you’re a retiree. So talk to a Farmers agent today to see if you qualify.
- Bundle Discounts - Looking into a Farmers Home, Auto and/or Life policy? Bundling policies saves you cash with a discount!
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - Have you recently renovated your home’s heating and electrical, or plumbing systems? You’d earn this discount if you did.
- New Home - Having a new home means more savings with this Farmers reward. And the discount will repeat for up to several years!
- New Roof - Earn this discount for up to 6 years if you have a new or rebuilt roof.
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - Asphalt and fiberglass shingles approved by Underwriters Laboratories are more resilient against weather, keeping repair costs at bay.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - Eligible safety and energy-efficiency features include: fortified windows and walls, automatic water leek or gas valve shut offs, or ENERGY STAR, LEED, or EPA certifications.
- Protective Devices - Does your home have a fire alarm, security system, and/or internal sprinkler system? Yes, saving on Farmers insurance really is this easy.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.