We may argue over the best slice
of pizza in town, but New Yorkers
can agree on who’s got smart
insurance coverage at smarter
See the insurance discounts
Farmers offers in New York
Save on Quality Coverage in a New York Minute
Auto Insurance Discounts
From the Five Boroughs up through Watertown, Albany across to Buffalo, Farmers Auto discounts have NY covered. Learn about the different ways Farmers helps you save on great Auto insurance in New York.
Discounts for the Family
- Bundle Discounts - New Yorkers can bundle their Farmers policies and save with multi-policy discounts. Protect all of your important investments with Farmers Auto and any of the following policies and you may save on great comprehensive coverage:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Distant Student - Farmers can reduce your auto insurance premium if your child goes to school at least 100 miles away from your home, and doesn’t have regular access to the covered car.
- Multi-Car - Earn an additional rate discount when you cover more than one vehicle on the same Farmers Auto policy.
- Teen Driver - If you’ve had a Farmers Auto policy for at least 2 years and want to add your teenage child or grandchild to your policy, we’ll discount your rates.
Planning Ahead Discounts
- Alternative Fuel - Driving a hybrid or other alternative fuel car is a great investment in your gas budget and the environment. That’s why Farmers discounts your policy if you insure one.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Pay your premiums with our Automatic Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and we can discount your rate.
- Homeowner - New York policyholders are eligible for an additional discount if they own their home.
- Pay In Full - Reduce your rates when you pay your entire term premium in one lump sum.
- Accident Prevention - Successfully complete a state-approved Defensive Driving course and present your certificate to earn this safe-driving discount! Available to drivers of all ages, this discount is valid for 36 months, so if you’ve finished a course recently, please let us know.
- Good Student - Students who keep their grades up in school are eligible for a discount on their auto insurance. This discount applies to any of the following:
- High school student with at least a "B" average
- College student with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll student
- Student ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
Defensive Driving Discounts
- Anti-Lock Brakes - This discount rewards drivers who choose vehicles with factory-installed Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS).
- Anti-Theft - Protect your vehicle with car alarms, or similar anti-theft devices, and we’ll discount your Auto insurance rates.
- Daytime Running Lights - Vehicles with daytime running lights are significantly easier to spot on the road and help improve driver visibility too. That’s why, in New York, having them in your vehicle makes you eligible for an additional Auto insurance discount.
- Homing Device - Vehicle recovery devices like Lojack® can help find your car if it’s stolen, which is why Farmers discounts your rates if you use a qualified homing system.
- Passive Restraint - Automatic seat belts and air bags are installed in almost every modern car in the country because they’ve been proven to save lives and reduce injuries in an accident. That’s why Farmers discounts your rate if your car is installed with them.
- VIN Etching - Etching your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) in your windshield, glass, and other required areas is a great way to prevent car theft and helps in recovering your vehicle if it or any part of it is ever stolen. Farmers discounts your premium rates if you choose VIN etching.
Homeowner Insurance Discounts
Discover the ways Farmers delivers refined expertise and comprehensive Home coverage at great prices in the Empire State.
Discounts for the Household
- Bundle Discounts - The more you’re insured by Farmers, the more you may save with discounts that apply when you, or your spouse, purchase Farmers Home insurance with a Farmers Auto insurance policy.
- Non-Smoker - Smoking can unfortunately increase the risk of fire or smoke damages in your home. So Farmers offers a discount to households where no one has smoked in the last 2 years.
Home Upkeep Discounts
- Home Renovation - Claim discounts if a qualified contractor has renovated your home systems, like your heating and electrical, or plumbing.
- New Home - If your home was built in the past 15 years, don’t let this discount get away.
- New Roof - Qualifying new roofs were built or re-built within the past 6 years. But the more current the roof, the more you save!
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - An additional discount for asphalt or fiberglass shingles that pass an impact resistance test administered by Underwriters Laboratories.
Home Safety Discounts
- Home Safety - For homes with safety measures and green features including reinforced roofs and foundation, water leak or gas valve shut offs, or ENERGY STAR, EPA, or LEED certification.
- Protective Devices - For qualifying fire and burglar alarms.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.