Maine Insurance Discounts
Mainers have plenty of smart
ways to save on Auto
insurance with Farmers.
Farmers offers in Maine
Connect with an agent
Navigating Maine’s Unique Landscape Is Easier with Smart Insurance Discounts
Learn all about the different ways Farmers helps you save on great auto coverage in Maine.
Discounts for the Family:
- Distant Student - A discount for policyholders with students who attend school at least 100 miles away from the home, and who don’t have regular access to the covered vehicle.
- Multi-Car - Cover more than one vehicle under the same Farmers Auto policy, and save.
Planning Ahead Discounts:
- Homeowner - Policyholders who own their home are eligible for a discount on their premium.
- Transfer - Switch your Auto insurance to Farmers from another carrier, and as long as there’s no gap in coverage, you’ll save with this discount.
- Defensive Driving - Maine drivers can lower their insurance premiums by successfully completing a state-approved defensive driving course and submitting their certificate to Farmers.
- Driver Training - Drivers under 21 can reduce their insurance premiums when they take and complete an approved driver training program.
- Mature Driver - Maine drivers over 55 can take a state-approved driver training course for discounted Auto insurance rates.
- Good Student - Student drivers can help save on their auto insurance just be doing well in school! This discount applies to students who meet one of the following academic criteria:
- High school students with at least "B" average
- College students with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll students
- Students ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
Defensive Driving Discounts:
- Anti-Lock Brakes - Vehicles equipped with factory-installed four wheel anti-lock braking systems (ABS) are eligible for an insurance rate discount.
- Anti-Theft - Factory-installed anti-theft devices, like car alarms or windshield etching, can actually keep your Auto insurance premiums down.
- Claims Free - Current policyholders are rewarded with additional discounts if they continue their coverage without any at-fault accidents and moving violations on their record. With Farmers, you earn your first level of discounts after three years, and a higher level of discounts after six years.
- Passive Restraint - Factory-installed safety features like automatic seatbelts and airbags help to reduce the risk of injury in an accident. They can also help keep your liability insurance premiums down!
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.