Navigate Louisiana’s Distinctive Landscape with Smart Insurance Discounts
Learn all about the different ways Farmers helps you save on great Auto coverage in Louisiana.
Discounts for the Family:
- Active Military - We’re proud to support our country’s men and women in uniform, and in Louisiana, Farmers rewards them with lower auto insurance rates. All active military personnel permanently based in Louisiana are eligible for this discount, even if they’re deployed out of state or overseas.
- Bundle Discounts - Purchase multiple Farmers insurance policies, and we’ll protect your important assets for less! Carry Farmers Auto and any of the following policies to qualify for multi-policy discounts:
- Mobile Home / Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (Motorcycle, boat, motor home, etc.)
- Distant Student - If a student on your policy (under 25) attends school at least 100 miles from your home and doesn’t have regular access to the car, you may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-Car - Cover more than one vehicle under the same Farmers Auto policy, and save.
Planning Ahead Discounts:
- Claims Free Renewal - If you’re continuously insured with Farmers, and drive without any major accidents or moving violations, we’ll reward you with an added discount at renewal time.
- Early Shopping - Get a Farmers Auto quote at least 7 days before the policy goes into effect and you’ll receive this rate discount.
- Homeowners - If you own your home, you could save on your auto insurance.
- Loyalty Discount - Continue your coverage with Farmers for 3 or more years and we’ll reward you with this bonus discount!
- Pay In Full - Choose to pay your entire term premium at one time and we’ll reduce your rate.
- Transfer - Switch to Farmers from another carrier without a gap in coverage and we’ll discount your rate.
- Driver Training - Drivers under 21 can lower their auto insurance premiums when they complete a state-approved driver training program.
- Good Student - Available to all students on a policy under 25, this discount rewards young drivers who keep their grades up in school. It applies to:
- High school students with at least "B" average
- College students with a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Dean's List or Honor Roll students
- Students ranked in the top 20% of their class or in the top 20% in national standardized tests
Be ready to submit proof of eligibility (a copy of a report card, grade-point average, etc.) when requesting this discount.
- Mature Driver - Senior drivers in Louisiana, 55 and older, can lower their auto insurance premiums when they complete a state-approved driver training program.
Defensive Driving Discounts:
- Antilock Brakes - Vehicles with factory-installed antilock brakes on all four tires are safer on the road, and qualify for this additional discount.
- Anti-Theft - Factory installed security features like car alarms can help deter thieves and save you on your auto insurance.
- Passive Restraint - Vehicles with factory-installed automatic seatbelts and airbags are eligible for this discount.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.