Calculating How Much Life Insurance You May Need
It’s important to find out how much life insurance coverage is right for you. Check out our Life Insurance calculator below, and take into account your:
- Age and income
- Marital status; if married, your spouse’s age and income
- Number and ages of your children, any special needs they may have, and projections for future educational expenses
- Family’s cost of living, including your mortgage, the amount you have in savings, as well as other outstanding debts
- Charitable giving goals (if applicable)
- Aging parent or disabled relative who depends on you for support
- Final and end-of-life expenses such as medical care and funeral costs
This may look simple, but calculating one's individual situation can be fairly complicated. Another way for you get a general sense of your needs is, check out out life insurance needs calculator. It'll walk you through the process and provide you with an estimate of your insurance needs in a matter of minutes.
But remember, our calculator is no substitute for the personal guidance and assistance you'll receive by meeting with a local Farmers insurance agent. So if you're serious about protecting your family's future, locate a local Farmers agent in your community today!