Insurance Documents to Update After Getting Married
Getting married is one of life’s biggest and happiest moments! Two lives become one as you exchange rings and tie the knot (cue sappy love song). But when the reception’s over and you’re back from the honeymoon, there’s a few small pieces of business you might want to attend to.
After you’re married, it’s important to update important documents, for example:
- Review and update the “beneficiary” in your Life insurance policy
- Do the same for your IRA, pension, or similar retirement accounts
- Update the “beneficiary” and “next of kin” information for your Social Security benefits
- Review your Will and power of attorney documents
- Consolidate your insurance policies – add your spouse to your Home, Auto, and Life policies (With Farmers this could qualify you for additional savings!)
If you decide to consolidate your insurance policies after the wedding, make sure there’s no overlaps in coverage or you could be paying twice for something that’s already covered. Talk to a Farmers agent to learn more!
Personal property coverage from your Homeowners policy could protect things stolen from your car, too! Make sure you’re protected from car thieves.
The best way to stay safe is to stay prepared, with an emergency kit at the ready.
Take an inventory of everything in your home and it may help settle a claim faster.
Are you a new parent or expecting? Protect your little one from dangers all over your house with these tips and suggestions.
You have a good income, a home, and other assets that you’ve built up over your life. Now it’s time to protect them with extra Umbrella coverage.