Boys and Girls Club
Every day, The Boys & Girls Club of Hollywood strives to improve each child’s life by instilling self-esteem, courage, and positive values through all of their varied educational programs. Farmers is proud to be a major contributor.
Free, award-winning education programs
Our standards-based DVD’s and lesson plans are used by more than 4 million students in over 200,000 classrooms nationwide:Social Studies
- American Promise is a story about America and the people who make it work. The lessons were developed by the National Council for the Social
Asian American History
- Across The Waves is a chronicle of immigrants from Pacific Asian countries who overcame extreme odds to seek the American dream.
Lessons were developed by UCLA’s Asian American
- Freedom’s Song brings African-American history to life in a documentary film highlighting significant milestones in the history of the African-
American experience during the past century.
- The Bronze Screen explores the contributions Latinos have made to the film industry from the silent screen to current blockbusters.
- Second to None tells the inspirational story of the women in America who made it great and fought for equal opportunity in politics, educaton and sports. It is narrated by Holly Hunter.
- Enter Stage Right, featuring Jack Black, the 24th Street Theatre in Los Angeles has developed this program. It is the most requested arts education program in the Los Angeles School District program.
Social Studies - Liberty’s Apprentice brings together world-renowned scholars, respected public figures and Education experts in a provocative documentary to explore the crucial role public schools play in our society.
We invite you to explore our rich and varied library of free teacher resources. At GoFarmersEd.com.