- Be aware of your personal safety and that of others at the accident scene. Check for injuries and call 911, if needed.
- Warn other drivers to prevent further damage. Turn on your flashers and set flares, if available. Signal with flashlight at night.
- Notify the police. Many times a passing driver or bystander will do this for you.
- Gather the facts. Get the names of witnesses, along with other pertinent information like driver's license and phone numbers, accident scene and vehicle damage photos, insurance information and vehicle descriptions.
- Be careful what you say - an investigation may later show you were not responsible for the accident.
- Report the accident to proper authorities. Each state has its own requirements for such reports. Know and comply with your state's law.
- Contact us as soon as possible 24-hours a day at (800) 435-7764. For assistance para español, llame al (877) RECLAMO.
See policy for actual coverage language.