Farmers Direct Repair Program
You have a choice for your home repairs.
To help homeowners who had difficulty finding reputable contractors for needed repairs, we created the Farmers Direct Repair Program, which works with a number of managed contractor repair networks.
The Farmers Direct Repair Program simplifies the process of returning your home to its pre-loss condition. You don’t have to spend time looking for contractors, setting appointments and waiting for estimates. Instead, a network manager will arrange an appointment for you with one of their network’s contractors.
There is no cost for the contractor to come to your home, and there is no obligation to use the contractor. If you choose to use that contractor’s service, his or her network manager will provide a job completion guarantee and a five-year warranty.
Here’s how the process works:
- Contact us at 1-800-435-7764, or report your property loss to your agent. You can also file your claim online.
- Tell your Farmers claim representative you’d like to use the Direct Repair Program.
- The network customer service team will contact you directly to set an appointment.
- The repair person will visit your home and review your claim-related damage. A Farmers representative will work directly with the customer service team and the contractor to approve the repair estimate in a timely manner.
- Once Farmers approves a final estimate from the network contractor, he or she receives a portion of the funds so work can begin.
- The remainder of the funds won’t be paid to the contractor until the work is completed to your
Note: The Direct Repair Program is available in 21 states; please refer to the image below. If it isn’t available in your state, please refer to our claims process. You can also read about these tips for hiring a good contractor and other home renovation related articles in the Farmers Inner Circle.
Additional program details:
Benefits of the program
All claim-related repairs completed by a program contractor come with a 5-year warranty from the network manager. Should any issues arise with the repairs after completion, the Direct Repair Program customer service team is available to assist you. There is also a job completion guarantee, meaning the network manager will ensure repairs are finalized by assigning a new contractor if you are dissatisfied with the course of repairs or the work isn’t completed.
How the program works
The network customer service team will contact you directly to set up an appointment. The repairperson will visit your home and review your claim-related damages. A Farmers representative will work directly with the customer service team and the contractor to approve the repair estimate in a timely manner. Once the insurance repair estimate has been approved, repairs will begin at your convenience.
How does payment work?
Once Farmers approves a final estimate from the network contractor, Farmers pays a portion of the funds so work can begin. The remainder of the fund are not paid until the work is completed to your satisfaction, and documentation stating such has been received by the network manager.
“Start to Finish” claim management
The Farmer Direct Repair Program streamlines the claim process to get your home repaired. We help by referring licensed and certified contractors to assist you, and by making payments when repair work is completed to your satisfaction. Most importantly, the Direct Repair Program shortens the process and helps restore your home to its pre-loss condition, which is the most important goal of all.