Farmers Business Property Insurance helps you protect the things you rely on each day, no matter what’s around the corner.
Don’t let the future of your be devastated by financial consequences from theft, fire, vandalism or other unforeseen events. Farmers Business Property Insurance offers an excellent defense against unexpected occurrences, no matter what each day brings. Known for fast claims handling and professional, personalized service, Farmers can quickly help you get your store up and running again in a timely manner after a catastrophe.
Many Farmers Business Property Insurance features are available to your
- Building Coverage allows you to quickly repair or rebuild store locations damaged by a natural disaster or other catastrophe so you can return to “business as usual” and minimize loss of income.
- Business Personal Property Coverage covers costs to replace contents in your store if they are destroyed by an unforeseen event.
- Business Income Coverage (also known as Business Interruption Insurance) allows you to continue to receive income while your store and its contents are being rebuilt and replaced. Business income not only helps you to cover operating and payroll expenses needed to keep a business operating after a loss, but it also helps you to replace lost revenue. In most states, Farmers Insurance provides coverage for up to 18 months to keep your business operating until goods and services are being produced again. As added protection for your business, Extended Business Income Coverage offers 30 days additional support after your business is operational again.
- Outdoor Signs and Property Coverage covers costs to replace trees, shrubs, plants, signs or outdoor fences in the event of fire, lightning or other unforeseen events.
- Tenant’s Exterior Glass Coverage provides coverage for your store’s front window against cracks or breaks if you lease your location.
- Bailee Coverage covers the cost to replace customer property, such as clothing, jewelry, or other goods left in your care. (Dry Cleaner and Laundry)
- Contamination Shutdown Coverage covers loss of income associated with a government-ordered shutdown caused by health concerns, such as E. coli. This coverage also helps you cover costs for employee medical tests and vaccines; medical reimbursement for infected patrons; as well as costs to clean up your store and replace the contaminated food. (Convenience, Food and Food Specialty)
- Spoilage Coverage covers costs to replace damaged inventory due to mechanical failures such as a refrigeration breakdown or power outage. (Floral, Convenience, Food and Food Specialty)
- Newly Acquired Personal Property covers the loss of business income resulting from damage to a newly acquired building or business personal property. (Hardware and Home Improvement)
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage covers the sudden or accidental breakdown of your store’s equipment, including cash registers and air conditioning units if they suddenly or accidentally break down.
- Computer Coverage covers costs to replace or repair damaged hardware, software and other media vital to your operations.
- Back-up of Sewer and Drain Coverage covers costs to repair or replace items damaged by back-up or overflow of a sewer, drain, or any other system designed to remove surface water from foundation area.
- Building Ordinance Coverage covers the increased cost to comply with a building ordinance or law when you repair or remodel the building where your store is located after a natural disaster or other catastrophe. This coverage also increases the limits for debris removal and demolition beyond basic policy limits.
- Fire Department Service Charge Coverage covers the service charges you would pay if you call the fire department to save your store in the event of a blaze.
- Fire Extinguisher Recharge Coverage covers costs to recharge or replace fire extinguishers that were used to put out flames at your store or that were accidentally discharged.
- Personal Property Off-Premises Coverage covers items damaged by a fire, theft, or other covered cause of loss, that are in transit or at a temporary location you don’t own, lease or operate.
- Pollution Clean-Up Coverage for the cost to remove pollutants from land or water at your store as a result of a covered cause of loss during the policy period.
Connect with a Farmers agent
who can help you create a comprehensive solution specifically designed for your