Farmers Business Property Insurance helps you protect the building, equipment and income you rely on each day, no matter what’s around the corner.
Don’t let the future of your restaurant be devastated by financial consequences of a windstorm, hail or other unforeseen event. Farmers Business Property Insurance offers an excellent defense against unexpected occurrences no matter what each day brings. Known for professional, personalized service and fast claims handling, Farmers can quickly help you get your restaurant up and running again in a timely manner after a catastrophe.
Many Farmers Business Property Insurance features are available to your restaurant:
- Building Coverage allows restaurant locations that have been damaged by a natural disaster or other catastrophe to be repaired or rebuilt quickly so you minimize loss of income and resume standard operating procedure.
- Business Personal Property Coverage covers costs to replace contents in your restaurant if they are destroyed by an unforeseen event.
- Business Income Coverage (also known as Business Interruption Insurance) allows you to continue to receive income while your restaurant and its contents are being rebuilt and replaced. Business income not only helps you to replace lost revenue but it also helps you cover operating and payroll expenses needed to keep a business operating after a loss. Farmers Insurance provides coverage for up to 18 months in most states to keep your business operating until food is being served again. Extended Business Income Coverage can also help you to protect your business by offering 30 days additional support after your business is operating again.
- Outdoor Signs and Property Coverage covers costs to replace outdoor fences, signs, trees, shrubs or plants in the event of lightning, fire or other unexpected occurrence.
- Spoilage Coverage covers costs to replace tainted food that can’t be served to customers because of a refrigerator breakdown or power outage.
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage covers your restaurant equipment such as refrigerators and ovens, if they suddenly or accidentally break down.
- Contamination Shutdown Coverage covers lost income due to a government-ordered shutdown caused by health concerns, such as E. coli. This coverage also helps you cover costs to clean up your facility and replace the contaminated food; medical reimbursement for infected patrons; as well as costs for employee medical tests and vaccines.
- Food Borne Illness Coverage covers lost income due to an announcement of food contamination at a restaurant or a franchise restaurant like yours.
- Utility Services – Time Element covers lost income if you are unable to operate your restaurant due to a hurricane, or if a tornado knocks down the city’s power lines or damages the city’s water supply.
- Fine Arts Coverage (Fine Dining) covers loss or damage to artwork owned by your restaurant.
- Back-up of Sewer and Drain Coverage covers costs to repair or replace property damaged by back-up or overflow of a sewer, drain, or any other system designed to remove surface water from foundation area.
- Building Ordinance Coverage covers the increased cost to comply with a building ordinance or law when you repair or remodel the building where your restaurant is located after a natural disaster or other catastrophe. This coverage also increases the limits for demolition and debris removal beyond basic policy limits.
- Pollution Clean-Up Coverage for removal of pollutants from your restaurant’s water or premises as a result of a covered cause of loss during the policy period.
Connect with a Farmers agent who can help you create a comprehensive solution specifically designed for your restaurant.