Farmers offers flexible business insurance options to cover the many different areas where your business might need coverage. Tell us more about the specific nuances unique to your business and let a Farmers agent help you tailor coverage solutions that are best suited for your business insurance needs.
You’ve achieved your dream of owning an
business. But as you know, the boundless opportunities of ownership come with plenty of risk. When you’re confident that you have taken the steps to safeguard your organization’s people, property and revenue from the unexpected, you can focus on what’s most important—running your
Rated among the top tier insurers by AM Best, Moody’s, and Standard and Poor’s, Farmers helps you protect the investments you’ve made so you can focus on how to keep your business on the road to long-term success. Farmers has the financial security, knowledge and resources to help you meet your insurance needs, having helped and been trusted by millions of customers for more than 80 years. We have industry-based solutions that our local agents can help you to tailor to fit your business.
Your Business Insurance Options Explained
Your day-to-day operations are complex; understanding business insurance doesn’t have to be. Our customized
Package helps you protect your business, covering elements such as: employee or customer injuries onsite or tools and equipment breakdown. Obtaining the type and amount of insurance that you want for your
business will help you fill gaps in coverage where you need it most.
At a minimum, you should consider the following coverage:
- Business Property Insurance for the repair or replacement of damaged physical assets such as automotive tools and equipment in the event of a disaster like hail, fire, or a windstorm.
- Business Liability Insurance for financial losses resulting from claims of injury or property damage caused by you, your employees, or products and services that you provide.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance for your employees’ medical needs in case of a work-related accident, injury or disease, and to enable employees to return to work as quickly as possible. This also minimizes the risk of lawsuits by employees.
- Business Auto Insurance for losses due to injuries to other drivers, passengers and pedestrians caused by you and your employees.
- Business Crime Insurance for your business to help you with losses resulting from wrongdoing like theft, forgery or robbery by a third party.
- Life Insurance for Auto Service and Repair Owners that can help you retain and reward your top people, survive the loss of a key employee or partner, as well as plan for business succession.
- Retirement Benefits for Auto Service and Repair Owners that can help you secure your financial future and that of your employees.
- Umbrella Coverage that can help you protect your business from the effects of potentially ruinous lawsuits with additional liability coverage.
Additional insurance features you should consider adding on to your include:
- Employee Tools Coverage that can help you cover costs to repair or replace employee tools that have been damaged, lost or stolen on-the-job.
- Equipment Breakdown Coverage that can help you cover costs to repair or replace the equipment used at your business if they accidentally or suddenly break down.
- Garagekeepers Liability Coverage that can help you cover damages to customers’ vehicles that are being held and worked on at your business.
- Broad Form Products Liability that can provide coverage against claims of new or unexpected hazards associated with products or services provided by your business.
- Non-Owned Auto Coverage that can help you if an employee is driving a personal vehicle on company business and becomes involved in an auto accident.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance that can provide coverage for your business if discrimination, sexual harassment or wrongful termination claims are made by present, former or future employees.
If You’re Already Covered
You’ve made a sound choice to protect your
business and employees with business insurance. However, your
business has specific needs which may change over time. Reviewing your policy year after year helps you to understand whether your current coverage continues to meet your changing needs. When in doubt, contact a Farmers agent
for help. Farmers also offers lines of insurance for many aspects of your life, both professional and personal. Ask your agent about auto
, recreational vehicle
coverage that can complement your business insurance policy.