Shop Smart and Save with More Insurance Discounts in Alabama
Auto Insurance Discounts
Are you getting all of the discounts you deserve as a good driver? Learn more about Farmers Auto Insurance discounts, and see how you may qualify for additional savings:
Discounts for the Family:
- Bundle Discounts - Purchase multiple policies with Farmers, and get more savings. To qualify for multi-policy discounts, cover your vehicle, along with any of the following Farmers policies:
- Mobile Home-Specialty Dwelling
- Farmers Specialty (motorcycle, family boat, motor home, travel trailer, rec vehicle, etc.)
- Business and Professional Group - As a member of a business or professional group in Alabama, you may be eligible for an insurance discount. Contact us to see if your group qualifies.
- Distant Student - Designed to lower your rates when your child is away at school, this discount applies if a student on your policy (23 or younger) goes to school at least 100 miles away from home, and doesn’t have regular access to the covered vehicle.
- Multi-Car - Cover more than one vehicle under the same Farmers Auto policy to qualify for this additional premium discount.
- Teen Driver - Single licensed drivers under 19 get a discounted rate, as the child or grandchild of the primary driver on the policy.
- Youthful Driver - Earn this discount if you have drivers under 25 years old in your household.
Planning Ahead Discounts:
- Alternative Fuel - Lower your Auto insurance rates when you drive a car fueled by new alternative resources like electric / gasoline hybrid, electric, ethanol, methanol, compressed natural gas, or propane.
- Early Shopping - Get a quote and switch to Farmers at least 7 days before the policy starts and your old policy expires, and you can save on your premium.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) - Get an automatic rate discount when you log-in or register your account, and enroll in Farmers automatic (EFT) payments.
- Homeowner - If you own your home in Alabama, you’re eligible for a discounted rate on your Auto insurance.
- Pay In Full - Pay your full term premium in one lump sum and you’ll get a discounted rate.
- Transfer - Switch your Auto insurance from certain standard carriers to Farmers with no lapse in coverage to get a rate discount.
- Good Student - Adding young drivers (under 25) to your policy can sometimes affect your rates. But good students are typically less risky, so Farmers discounts their coverage if they meet one of the following academic standards:
- Maintain a “B” average or better
- Maintain a 3.0 (out of 4.0) grade point average or higher
- Make Dean’s List or Honor Roll
- Rank in the top 20% of their class, or on recognized standardized tests
Discount applies for a 12 month period. To qualify, please contact Farmers with any applicable documentation (report card, transcript, etc.).
- Mature Driver - In Alabama, drivers over 55 who’ve completed a state-approved Safe Driver Program anytime within the past 3 years are eligible for an additional rate discount.
Homeowner Insurance Discounts
Are you getting all of the discounts you qualify for as a home owner in Alabama? Learn more about Farmers Homeowners Insurance discounts and see if you qualify for additional savings:
Discounts for the Household:
- Affinity - Employees of eligible Alabama business or members of certain professional groups may be eligible for an additional rate discount. Contact us to see if you qualify.
- Bundle Discounts - Carry multiple Farmers policies and save across the board. Cover your Home, along with your Auto insurance and/or Life insurance to qualify for multi-policy bundle discounts.
Home Upkeep Discounts:
- Home Renovation - If you’ve recently replaced or renovated your home’s heating and electrical, or plumbing systems you’re eligible for a rate discount.
- New Home - If your home was built within the past 13 years, you’re eligible for this added discount.
- New Roof - If you’ve replaced or built a new roof for your home in the past 6 years, you can earn this rate discount.
- UL Approved Roofing Materials - Certain roofs may qualify you for this discount if they are made of impact resistant materials like asphalt shingles or asphalt fiberglass, approved and tested by Underwriters Laboratories.
Home Safety Discounts:
- Home Safety - Farmers wants your home to be as safe as possible. So we apply this discount if your home is:
- Fortified with added protection to windows, doors, and improved connections between the roof, walls, and foundation to guard against natural disasters and extreme weather.
- Equipped with Whole House Water Leak Detection to shut off the main water service when a leak is found
- ENERGY STAR or EPA Certified for energy efficiency
- LEED Certified for high-performance green homes
- Equipped with an Automatic Gas Shutoff Valve
- Protective Devices - Burglar alarms, central fire alarms, and fire protection sprinklers help to protect your home from serious risk, so Farmers rewards you with a rate discount for having them.
You may be eligible for one or more of these discounts, subject to documentation. Discounts apply to selected coverages, perils and policy types. Eligibility and actual percentage of discounts may vary. Not all products and discounts are available in every state. Please contact a Farmers agent for details.