As an educational and non-profit organization, Farmers realizes you face unexpected events on a daily basis that may require coverage.
Farmers offers flexible business insurance options to cover the many different areas where your organization might need coverage. Tell us more about the specific nuances of your organization and let a Farmers agent help you tailor coverage solutions that make the most sense for you.
You’ve achieved your goal of running an organization. But as you know, the boundless opportunities of ownership come with plenty of risk. When you’re confident that you have taken the steps to safeguard your organization’s people, property and revenue from the unexpected, you can focus on what’s most important—running your organization.
Rated among the top tier insurers by AM Best, Moody’s, and Standard and Poor’s, Farmers helps you protect the investments you’ve made so you can focus on how to keep your organization on the road to long-term success. Trusted by millions of customers for over 80 years, Farmers has the financial security, resources and knowledge to help you meet your insurance needs. We have industry-based solutions that our local agents can help you to tailor to fit your organization.
Your Business Insurance Options Explained
Your day-to-day operations are complex; understanding business insurance doesn’t have to be. Our customized Farmers Package helps you protect your organization, covering elements such as: employee injuries onsite, inventory theft, and equipment breakdown. Obtaining the type and amount of insurance that you want for your organization will help you fill gaps in coverage where you need it most.
At a minimum, you should consider the following coverage:
- Business Property Insurance for the repair or replacement of damaged physical assets such as fixtures, inventory and equipment if your facility is hit by a fire, windstorms or vandalism strike.
- Business Liability Insurance for financial losses resulting from claims of injury or property damage caused by you, your employees, or staff members.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance for your employees’ medical needs in case of a work-related accident, injury or disease, and to make a quick return to work possible. This also minimizes the risk of lawsuits by employees.
- Business Auto Insurance for losses due to injuries to other drivers, passengers and pedestrians caused by you and your employees.
- Business Crime Insurance for your organization to help you with losses resulting from wrongdoing like forgery, theft or robbery by a third party.
- Life Insurance for Directors that can help you survive the loss of a key employee or partner, help you plan for business succession, as well as retain and reward your top people.
- Retirement Benefits for Directors that can help you secure your financial future and that of your employees.
- Umbrella Coverage that can help you protect your organization from a potentially ruinous lawsuit with additional liability coverage.
Additional insurance features you should consider adding for your include:
- Extended Liability Coverage for Volunteers that can help you provide coverage for your organization against claims of neglect or abuse by volunteers or other individuals acting on behalf of your organization.
- Counseling Professional Liability Coverage that can provide coverage for omissions or negligent acts arising from a professional counseling service you provide, such as vocational counseling, educational or learning disability therapy.
- Abusive Acts Liability Coverage that can help you provide coverage for your organization against actual or threatened abuse by an employee, staff member, director or other individual acting on behalf of your organization.
- Corporal Punishment Liability Coverage (K-9 Private Schools/Child Day Care Centers) that can help you cover your school or day care center against claims of corporal punishment inflicted on children under your care, whether the claims are based in truth or not.
- Fine Arts Coverage that can help you cover costs to replace artwork or sculptures housed in your facility if they are stolen or damaged by a fire or other hazard.
- Non-Owned Auto Coverage that can help you if your employee is involved in an auto accident while driving a personal automobile on company business.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance that can provide coverage for your organization if discrimination, sexual harassment or wrongful termination claims are made by present, former or future employees.
If You’re Already Covered
You’ve made a sound choice to protect your organization and employees with business insurance. However, your organization has specific needs which may change over time. Reviewing your policy year after year helps you to understand whether your current coverage continues to meet your changing needs. When in doubt, contact a Farmers agent for help. Farmers also offers lines of insurance for many aspects of your life, both professional and personal. Ask your agent about auto, home, motorcycle, recreational vehicle coverage that can complement your business insurance policy.